Rainy Season

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It was mentioned the other day that the rainy season may have started so never ever being there in the rainy season and just hearing from a few about "its bloody raining again", what is it.

Is it raining all the time can you not go out in it, or does it rain every so often and it does not effect you at all, i have seen a few pictures of swollen rivers and bridges knock out, but could that happen anytime of the year.

So how does the rainy season effect you and your daily routine ,take a umbrella maybe.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Our village will regularly become cut off for a day or two. General travelling around can be a pain with flooded roads and everwhere feels damp.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

So how does the rainy season effect you and your daily routine

:hystery: Steve sometimes it does not affect my Laziness it just gives me another reason to be so :wink:

But seriously, it can be a PIA at times mainly because the Somewhat Idiot drivers still think it is all a race track not realising that one touch of the brakes and off they come or over they go (Cars that is) Should you live up a Dirt Road many get bogged down and cause further problems. Additionally, because of the way our Electric is delivered (Over head cabling) Brownouts can be more common than at other times. Other than that, it gets to be Go with the Flow (Pun intended) Then of course should it be Windy too, we get the cancellation of Planes and Ferries, YET the Motto is still "More fun in the Philippines "  :console:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Steve sometimes it does not affect my Laziness it just gives me another reason to be so :wink:

But seriously, it can be a PIA at times mainly because the Somewhat Idiot drivers still think it is all a race track not realising that one touch of the brakes and off they come or over they go (Cars that is) Should you live up a Dirt Road many get bogged down and cause further problems. Additionally, because of the way our Electric is delivered (Over head cabling) Brownouts can be more common than at other times. Other than that, it gets to be Go with the Flow (Pun intended) Then of course should it be Windy too, we get the cancellation of Planes and Ferries, YET the Motto is still "More fun in the Philippines "  :console:

It could be worst Jack, here the trains cannot run with the wrong leaves on the tracks, 1 cm of snow and the planes dont fly and the road system comes to a stand still, the only thing the rain stops here is the cricket.

• Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

June- October is the real rainy season, with July- September being the worst. Rains pretty much every day for 2-3 hours, sometimes longer. Rains a lot harder than anything you get in the UK, thought the windows were going to smash the first time I experienced it lol

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

remember what forest gump said? one day it started raining ? and then the typhoons are nice too.. real tree trimmers and they run counter clockwise here..