New Euro 2 Vehicle

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

meet Philippine standards.

I took my Honda Scoopy in about 8 months ago to get the smoke test.  It was fairly busy and I noticed that they were checking the vehicles WITHOUT the engines running. :huh:  I almost fell over laughing as one multicab left after being given the "all clear" results with the accompanying photo.  They had to push it to get it started and when it went down the road the exhaust stream looked like they were burning coal.  As they say " . . . only in da Philippines" :hystery:

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Again, it seems a little harsh to require new vehicles to meet Euro 4 - Euro 6 standards when 80% of the old vehicles on the road have a serious pollution problem. If you want to clean up the environment then get those gross polluters off the road then worry about new vehicle pollution standards later. 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted (edited)
Here's a link that might help.
Jun 24, 2017 - Although the country has shifted to Euro 4 emissions standard last January 1, ... All other vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2018 will have to be Euro 4 ..... As with other laws here in the Philippines it can always change. ..... climate control, set at cozy 22 degrees Celsius was struggling with the heat.

Edited by Clermont

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I noticed that they were checking the vehicles WITHOUT the engines running.

Which is why they will tell you "If you fail just go get your oil changed, then go to the carwash and get your tailpipe washed, then come try again and you will pass".  (Note that is what I was told a few years ago and I have no idea if that still works but if they are still checking the same way then it still works.

• Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Plunked down a deposit today. I wanted an l300 Deluxe model for the tightest turning radius possible but only the Exceed model with 160mm longer wheelbase was available, maybe not many of those left. I'm told delivery will take 3 weeks to a month as the FB body is not yet built. Before placing my deposit on the l300, I visited Hyundai and looked at the H100, lovely machine, comfortable cab but I don't know where I would ever find space to park it. The H100 is a 25 seater in Filipino parlance, I would have called it a 16 seater for westerners. I also visited the Foton dealer, Tornado2 is also huge and hugely overbuilt for passenger and light duty use. Just because I was there and curious, I looked at one of Foton's mini-vans. I like the sliding doors on both side, the interior is utilitarian and I would get some grease on the shift linkage before I got it off the lot because it was rough as a cob and binding and I should remind myself that it was built to a price, it might do if you can't afford more.