Car Emergency Kit

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, canadamale said:

Model 1911 chambered in 9 mil, that and a sleeping bag small saw,matches flashlight. This is in Canada, in PH prob. some cash

As you may know Canadamale, I believe this forum does not officially condone expats in possession of a deadly weapon but sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do.......especially visiting, living or working in "InJun" country.  

Regarding emergency road kit, all replies were head shot bulls eye.  If I could add one more item: if you or partner are totally incapacitated, a simple dog tag with pertinent information would provide immediate attention to the rescue team.  I've been wearing a pair of dog tags ever since boot camp (1969).  

I racked up a few miles abusing my Jeep Wrangler in southern Luzon and Mindoro.  It was assembled locally in Manila with a used Suzuki 4 banger and a 2 barrel carb (yeah, old school)  Thank god I had my tool kit and spare parts for high failure items, such a gas filter, spark plug/wire and my vulnerable patience.  Yeah, don't drive when you're pissed off about something.  Believe me, it will only get worse.  

And finally, let's talk about check points along the way.  They tend to set up anywhere, especially during major election campaigns.  I always feel sorry for the PNP or military personnel when they're under the hot sun.  I often times give him a smart marine salute and a cold bottle(s) of water from my ice cooler.   Their smile is a Kodak moment.  

How are the check points now?  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

How are the check points now?  

Usually positioned near shade trees and a convenient eatery :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:48 AM, JJReyes said:

I also had a machete (bolo) that could be used as a weapon. 

Do other forum members have similar emergency kits in their car?

Sharing this; 

It is unlawful to carry outside of one's residence any bladed, pointed or blunt weapon such as "knife", "spear", "pana", "dagger", "bolo", "barong", "kris", or "chako", except where such articles are being used as necessary tools or implements to earn a livelihood or in pursuit of a lawful activity. Any person found guilty thereof shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of not less than one month nor more than one year or a fine of not less than Two Hundred Pesos nor more than Two Thousand Pesos, or both such imprisonment and fine as the Court may direct."

http://www.chanrobles.com/bataspambansabilang6.htm#.WyhJzExOLVJ

An alternative where you would be law abiding compared to your bolo would be a large pipe that you store in your vehicle in case you have a flat tire that you use it as a leverage tool to aid in removing tire lug nuts.   

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jake said:

if you or partner are totally incapacitated, a simple dog tag with pertinent information would provide immediate attention to the rescue team.  I've been wearing a pair of dog tags ever since boot camp (1969).  

Seems like a good idea Jake.  For myself, I write a small acrd and keep it in my wallet/purse that tells mine and my husband's blood type and contact info in case we both should be in a car crash and are both affected.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack (and her Indoors).jpg :whistling: This is my Emergency kit, you would (or Not) be surprised what she carries in the bag she hugs most of the time :smile:   thumbs up from a lady.jpg

• Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

If there is any room left after the emergency kit, I load some passengers on

• Haha 2