Birds in my garden

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Maybe this is what you're seeing. I know some folks keep them as pets as well as black myna birds here.download (7).jpgBoth super clever.

That was not the bird, but I did find a picture using google.  The bird is called a "Greater Coucal".  In the description it is also described as "eating nestlings of other birds".   This is definitely the same bird and I will keep my supply of throwing rocks handy.  Still trying to find info on the black bird with the white wings.

Greater_Coucal_I_IMG_7775.jpg

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mike J said:
21 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

That was not the bird, but I did find a picture using google.  The bird is called a "Greater Coucal".  In the description it is also described as "eating nestlings of other birds".   This is definitely the same bird and I will keep my supply of throwing rocks handy.  Still trying to find info on the black bird with the white wings.

Wow--I've never seen that bird Mike. I just called my husband over to look, and it's not one he recognized either.. I wasn't in my book. Online just now I found the name Saguksok in Binisaya for Greater Coucal.

Old World ground-living cuckoo having a long dagger-like hind claw. any of numerous European and North American birds having pointed wings and a long tail.

Not the friendliest bird to have around I guess.

Edited by Queenie O.