Tondol White Sand Beach / Treasures of Bolinao

intrepid
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The kids did love the beach and water, but daddy was not that impressed.  I have seen pictures that were very alluring, but up close it was not that good.

Don, thanks for the beach report. Unfortunately many of the resorts we have been to over the years have left us with the same impression.  My daughter is a swimmer like me and loves the water.  However, because of huge tidal differences here there are fewer places with our type of deep water swimming beaches.  So now we usually try to find a resort with nice beach views and a good swimming pool.  From your pictures and description it certainly appears Tondol Beach would not make the cut.  However, Treasures Of Bolinal sure looks like a nice place to relax a day or two for us.  Hopefully we can make it there in the near future.
Thanks again.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It is nice to learn about beach resort development that caters to the Philippine middle class market. Too often the publicity is about "prestige & luxury" projects designed for the elite. They charge international prices and as a result, have very few customers.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

It is nice to learn about beach resort development that caters to the Philippine middle class market.

It would be nice to learn of these places for ALL, this is what is wrong with things here, CLASS distinction, many moved to get away from this sort of thing, this is to me, where the Discrimination of so many comes in :ohmy:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Why, why, why....., Delilah??

I'm back in Tondol.  I can't even follow my own advice!

My wife and BIL planned this and I didn't pay much attention.  Boracay of the North?  The kids like the shallow water beach and we don't have to worry about them.

Visitor in the house we rented.

IMG20220531131221.jpg

IMG20220531131236.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We took the coast route up through Zambales to Pangasinan.  On the way we noticed fewer and fewer motorcyclists wearing helmets.  In Anda where we are, there are no helmets.  None.

Tonight my BIL, his wife, son and my step daughter went for a walk on the beachfront road.  They came upon an accident.  Dead motorcyclist.  Head splattered.  Lots of crying people around, who apparently knew him.  Not a high speed road and apparently no other vehicles involved.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Tonight my BIL, his wife, son and my step daughter went for a walk on the beachfront road.  They came upon an accident.  Dead motorcyclist.  Head splattered.  Lots of crying people around, who apparently knew him.  Not a high speed road and apparently no other vehicles involved.

What? no photos. Cant have dead people splattered on the road without photos in between tears.

Helmets do save lives or prevent major injury in most cases but if people want to take the risk and the consequences I dont have much pity for them.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We took the coast route up through Zambales to Pangasinan.  On the way we noticed fewer and fewer motorcyclists wearing helmets.  In Anda where we are, there are no helmets.  None.

A few months back (mid January) I posted about my bro-in-law who was in a motorcycle accident, was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious brain damage.  He came out of the coma after a couple weeks in Chong Hua hospital.  The hospital bill was about 1.5 million peso.  He is at home now and is basically a human vegetable, being fed thru a tube, and requires 24x7 nursing care.  A real tragedy and huge financial drain on the family.

• Sad 3

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

A few months back (mid January) I posted about my bro-in-law who was in a motorcycle accident, was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious brain damage.  He came out of the coma after a couple weeks in Chong Hua hospital.  The hospital bill was about 1.5 million peso.  He is at home now and is basically a human vegetable, being fed thru a tube, and requires 24x7 nursing care.  A real tragedy and huge financial drain on the family.

Sorry to here that story. Makes a guy want to put 8 cylinders in front of you.

• Like 1