Oh to be young again lol

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

When I was young and took a young lady on a date, I was always tounge tied when sitting down to dinner. I had no idea how to break the ice and keep the lady entertained. 

The young today do not have that problem.

The wife and I went out to dinner last night at a pretty nice place. I noticed two young couples come in. When they were both seated. WHAMO out kame the phones I don't know if they were texting each other or just surfing. :SugarwareZ-034:Phones would have saved me a lot of uncomfortable silences :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Things are different today. You go out on a date, sit in a restaurant and text message each other. Why not do it remote? At a restaurant, you can glance  up from time-to-time to gauge reaction to the messages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You mean I'm meant to talk to the wife.:89:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Gary D said:

You mean I'm meant to talk to the wife

If she speaks Cebuano, copy and paste this message to her.

Ikaw importante kanako, gihigugma ko ikaw, ug ang imong gustong isulti importante.

Its some mushy stuff about I love you and what you say is important to me.  It will make her happy and then you can go back to your laptop. :cheersty: :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

When my 25yr old son and his partner lived with me for 8 months he would come in from work and sit himself in front of the TV most nights and play computer games. I used to point out to his partner what a good catch he was as he had a lovely back. So nice you could literally look at it all night. The sarcasm was lost on him so I tried the more subtle approach and pointed out how many of the guys in my unit were seeing other girls whose boyfriends were spending their spare time playing kids games on the computer. 

I said I could introduce his girlfriend to them if he wanted as obviously he's not bothered about her and at least she will get some attention. The computer was soon put away. :whistling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Young people seem to not be able to handle a conversation these days. If it's just a text, there is no obligation to respond. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

If it's just a text, there is no obligation to respond. 

Ha Robert, tell that to my daughter and wife, Both, I am sure, actually live in their Phones But yes hold a Conversation face to face? I sometimes wonder if that word "Conversation" is in the Language at all :89:

• Like 4