Homesick for good Pizza

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Home lone , so its a frozen pizza plus the biggest bowl of ice cream afterwards,

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

my SM mall doesn't

Keep the faith, not only am I seeing them pop up in almost every SM mall, but I saw one just yesterday in a new Walter Mart Mall. They are popping up faster than 7-11's :thumbsup:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

The problem with pizza for me in the PI is the sauce.  Or should I say the Lack of sauce.  Most use so little sauce you can hardly taste it and hence the pizza is dry.  Even when requesting additional sauce, if they do agree, they still do not comply by adding extra.  My wife has also asked to no avail.  So any way, another option I have not seen mentioned is at many of the malls,  Sbarro's Pizza.  Along with pizza they serve Stromboli, salad, and pastas.  And don't write off Domino's Pizza.  Domino's was on the end of my pizza list back in the US.  Could not stand them.  However, here in PI after two years I finely gave them a try since I could not find much else closer.  I'll have to admit before trying Domino's, Shakey's was my number one also.  However, Domino's tops my list now.  And Tuesdays & Thursdays they offer buy one take one.  Their specialty/premium pizzas seem the best and still cost less than many of the other brands. 

• Like 2

PakWaan
Posted
Posted
On 6/15/2018 at 4:53 PM, Balisidar said:

I remember Didi's had some pretty good pizza when I was stationed at Clark AFB.  Their tacos were pretty awesome also.  I was pleasantly surprised that they're still around 😀

Didi’s Pizza in the 80’s reminded me of that frozen Totinos pizza you buy at Walmart for 99 cents. I did like their tacos though. 

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Having worked in a pizza joint to support my college years, my taste has evolved to the point that my all time favorite is a thin crust, sauce, anchovies and jalapenos, extra crispy- no cheese or meat - with a pint of draft beer on the side... hmmm... perfect. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

you can make

:shock_40_anim_gif:ack, another heretic professing the value of work :Caught:

• Haha 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

:shock_40_anim_gif:ack, another heretic professing the value of work :Caught:

I know I know Scott..:smile: Maybe I could make a pizza for you guys!:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

I know that the post is about finding a good local pizza place, but as an alternative, with the many imported  ingredients found here in the supermarkets and S&R, you can make a great pizza to your liking at home, given that you have an oven.:)

Okay Queenie you got my ear.  I could make sauce to my liking and no problem with the toppings.  I fairly sure I could find the cheese.  But even after searching I cannot find out to make an easy pizza dough.  How do you make yours?  I prefer thin crust so I would think it should not be too difficult.  My wife and daughter want thicker like pan.  Oh its only 10:40 not even close to lunch and now I'm hungry.:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

given that you have an oven

That I definitely miss. So many things I want to cook but need an oven. 

• Like 2