Homesick for good Pizza

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Shakeys is the best if you're craving the US style of pizza. I always get the thick crust/hand tossed. Buy their supercard for p400 and you get the buy one take one deal. One time I ordered 2 pizzas with 2 free ones and they were delivered to my house. One of the boxes didn't have the little 3 leg plastic table to separate the toppings from the top of the cardboard top. I called to complain and they ended up up sending me the entire order over again so we ended up with 8 pizzas. The tricycle drivers on the corner were very happy that night.

I've tried Yellow Cab but it's not as good as Shakeys.  

No its not (Yellow Cab). Wonder what happened to them? The first time I had Yellow Cab pizza was a couple of years ago in Mandaue, it was really good. Now, it has the taste of plastic on top of cardboard

hk blues
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Daydreamer said:

No its not (Yellow Cab). Wonder what happened to them? The first time I had Yellow Cab pizza was a couple of years ago in Mandaue, it was really good. Now, it has the taste of plastic on top of cardboard

The Pizza has stayed the same, your taste buds have been destroyed by the local food here! :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Travolata Fortunate St, Mandaue.

Outstanding Italian food great thin crust pizza.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 12/13/2018 at 12:19 PM, hk blues said:

My wife makes an excellent pizza

I just found out that Lynne does too.  Buy oven - us google - buy ingredients - let her do her thing.  Great Pizza!  PS Gas ovens are much better than electric ovens for pizza IMHO so forget the toaster ovens and get a gas range.  It gets just a little bit hotter I think.

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My wife makes an excellent pizza

Prove it! Invite me and my family over so we can see for ourselves.:867:

Last night I put some New Zealand beef, sliced potatoes, carrots, white onions, cream of mushroom soup and a little chicken stock in the slow cooker. Put it on slow cook at 1am and at about 10 am we ate it. WOW..everybody loved it.:nudie: 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

My wife slow cooks lamb and pork, so tender, mmmm

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

One of my planned projects is to build a wood fired pizza oven in the Phil's,  I'm hoping I can find fire bricks or clay 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bastonjock said:

One of my planned projects is to build a wood fired pizza oven in the Phil's,  I'm hoping I can find fire bricks or clay 

You can.

• Like 1