Homesick for good Pizza

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That I definitely miss. So many things I want to cook but need an oven. 

JGF--I think that you should invest in a small electric or convection oven. You would get a lot of use out of it, and it doesn't take up much counter space. My son in South Korea had one, and used it all the time.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

JGF--I think that you should invest in a small electric or convection oven. You would get a lot of use out of it, and it doesn't take up much counter space. My son in South Korea had one, and used it all the time.

Yes. Would love a full size one but only renting so not going to do that. I want to get a fan forced otherwise bit like a large toaster oven. Did see one a while back but forget where now. 

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Hi Intrepid,

:smile: I can give you the recipe that I've used/adapted for years. I sometimes make a whole wheat pizza dough, but for most of the time it's this one from my Italian bread book called The Italian Baker by Carol Field. I found a Chinese active dried yeast here, called Eagle brand  works great for me that I found at at SM Hypermarket and S&R in the baking products aisle, so it's probably found in many areas. Keep it refrigerated to keep it fresh over time. It comes in different sized packages.    I knead my dough by hand, but if you have an electric mixer you can use that.

Okay Queenie thank you very much.  We have about everything needed here except the yeast.  I guess some homemade pizza is in our future.  Gotta go shopping now.  Thanks again:tiphat:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes. Would love a full size one but only renting so not going to do that. I want to get a fan forced otherwise bit like a large toaster oven. Did see one a while back but forget where now. 

JGF--Cebu Appliance Center seems to have some to choose from. Maybe you can check them out.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

My favorite here in Lapu Lapu is Double Dough Tango! They have a good selection of Chicago Stuffed pies

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/16/2018 at 5:26 AM, scott h said:

S and R Robert. Now most SM malls have them also

Is this a pizza or a pie, what ever happened to the thin crust and thin crispy pizza which I love and rarely find.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

My wife makes an excellent pizza - of course better than anything we can buy but a lot for work involved.  I'm not a pizza snob so every Sunday we get a 230php pizza from Pizza Hut which is more than acceptable.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Is this a pizza or a pie,

American term is pizza pie. Aussie term is pizza mate.

2 hours ago, RBM said:

what ever happened to the thin crust and thin crispy pizza which I love and rarely find.

If your in Manila Dominos have thin and crusty. There are other places such as Shakey's .

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Shakeys is the best if you're craving the US style of pizza. I always get the thick crust/hand tossed. Buy their supercard for p400 and you get the buy one take one deal. One time I ordered 2 pizzas with 2 free ones and they were delivered to my house. One of the boxes didn't have the little 3 leg plastic table to separate the toppings from the top of the cardboard top. I called to complain and they ended up up sending me the entire order over again so we ended up with 8 pizzas. The tricycle drivers on the corner were very happy that night.

I've tried Yellow Cab but it's not as good as Shakeys.  

• Like 3