Cebu to Cagayan De Oro

marine6357
Posted
Posted

I will be traveling from Cebu to CDO in September. Was wondering if anyone has taken 2Go ferry on the overnight trip? It is 8 hour travel time, direct from Cebu and cost about 5000 php per couple. That is with a nice Suite or Stateroom.

image.png

So any info would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

That is with a nice Suite or Stateroom.

image.png

So any info would be appreciated. 

They all look the same after time. :smile:

titanic_wreck___strauss_suite.jpg

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

That is with a nice Suite or Stateroom.

Sure would like to see a Stateroom like the one in your pic.  Haven't seen one like that on any of the ferries I have travelled on, not at any price.  But hopefully you will find one.  Fanciest I have stayed in looked like this pic only a lot older and rattier because they don't maintain them other than to change the sheets and towels AND it can be hard to get a cabin of any kind as they are usually fully booked.  On the odd time I have ended up going on the boat (not the specific one you mentioned but most are similar) and going direct to the purser to see if any cabins are not fully booked.  If only 2 people are in a cabin for 4 then I can get the other 2 beds.  The people in there already get to share :7500:

Stateroom.jpg  This is what I have been in that was the best they offered on a couple of boats (each boat is different of course.  Its not always about the route.  It is the boat that is on the route on that day that determines what cabins are available.

shared cabin.pngThis is a 4 person cabin.  Even this is nice because at least there are only 4 people sharing the CR and its peaceful, quiet, and secure.

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I have done it a couple of times the other way, cdo-cebu-manila. Use the stateroom option. Much better than the the other options. But still not fantastic, but quite comfortable. The vessel was the John Paul  2 which is a 1980's european car ferry. With decor to match.

If you are aged 60+ you get a 20% senior discount.

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I have travelled several times between Cebu City and CDO. A state room is definitely the way to go!

I just checked 2GO to see what ships travel between Cebu City and CDO, Your choices are St Leo the great and St Pope John Paul II. 

I don't know which one you will travel on but after looking again at the state room picture in your post, I just realised it looks very much like, if the not the same as, my state room when I travelled on St Leo the Great. 

My trip was Manila to Cebu City though.

Even though it is a different trip it is the same ship and if it is St Leo the great, I can tell you about my experience. 

First of all, the cabin that looks like your picture.
- I carry a tape measure with me to measure hotel room sizes, It was 6 metres by 7 metres or 42 m2. A massive room for a ship, or a hotel for that matter.
- Bathroom had a bath and a shower. A big full length bath. I did have a nice soaking bath on the trip right up until we hit a big wave. The room is right at the front of the ship. The ship raised up on a wave and came crashing down. I heard the bath go crack and I jumped straigh out in case my 140kg weight plus the weight of a full bath of water went crashing through to the deck below.  
- Ref (Fridge). Empty from memory but you could buy beer and soft drinks on board to stock it with. 
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Room service with a room service button. 
- Two double beds. 
- TV
- Towels and soap provided
- Small table and chairs as in your picture..

Here is a video that focuses just on the room. You can see us relaxing in the room with our drinks and snacks at the end of the video 

The ship had 
- First class dining and second class dining. Meals are included in the ticket price. Second class dining seemed mostly to be something simple with rice, such as fried chicken and rice. Everyone in second class dining had to line up to get served. First class dining was more like a restaurant with nice seating and proper meals. The second class dining area had food you could buy between meals as well. The second class dining also had a karaoke machine.
- Out door area which I did not use during my trip but would be nice on a sunny day
- Massage spa
- Hairdresser
- Bar which became the disco at night
- Sari Sari store where you could buy alcohol and soft drinks plus snacks and thinks you might have forgotten such as toothpaste.

Here is the whole of ship video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx-B7wf5LlE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

I have travelled several times between Cebu City and CDO. A state room is definitely the way to go!

Here is the whole of ship video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx-B7wf5LlE

Thanks for the link and the information!

I'm travelling from Cebu to CDO on 2Go with the family at the end of July.  I was going to book 2 of the 4 berth bunk cabins but you're making me wonder if I should get 2 staterooms (I'd assumed the staterooms were only 2 person).  

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Thanks for the link and the information!

I'm travelling from Cebu to CDO on 2Go with the family at the end of July.  I was going to book 2 of the 4 berth bunk cabins but you're making me wonder if I should get 2 staterooms (I'd assumed the staterooms were only 2 person).  

The system is certainly going to let you do that but the costing may be prohibitive. I just did a dummy booking and 4 in a state room was  P9,986.36 on 31st July on St Leo the Great. So 8 people is going to cost P20,000 in 2 state rooms.

So, only you can decide.

My thoughts are. you only need one state room for every one to enjoy the facilities. So pay for 4 in 4 berth cabin. 2 in mega value. 2 in the state room. The 2 mega value passengers sleep in the state room at night.  

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Meals is another thing to consider though. Only the first class passengers will dine in first class dining. The others will be second class. However, you can pay on board to upgrade your meals. I wish now I had filmed the sign but there was a sign offering an upgrade for the whole trip of something like P600 for the 3 meals. Or maybe it doesn't matter. They might be happy with their rice and fried chicken.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

The system is certainly going to let you do that but the costing may be prohibitive. I just did a dummy booking and 4 in a state room was  P9,986.36 on 31st July on St Leo the Great. So 8 people is going to cost P20,000 in 2 state rooms.

So, only you can decide.

My thoughts are. you only need one state room for every one to enjoy the facilities. So pay for 4 in 4 berth cabin. 2 in mega value. 2 in the state room. The 2 mega value passengers sleep in the state room at night.  

You raise a valid point, it is a lot more expensive and I just looked at the web site which will only let me book 2 into a state room anyway.

Also I knew that wiith the value classes and tourist classes a multiple booking didn't mean all people were together but reading more since then it appears that even with a cabin booking for 4 you don't necessarily get all 4 in the same state room (which was the main reason for booking a cabin).

I'm considering if we all fly on Cebu Pacific, some of the tickets on that are only about 1600 peso with carry on luggage only (which everyone except me will have) although that works out at about 13,000 plus 3,000 for me and luggage so not a lot cheaper than 8 in staterooms.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

They might be happy with their rice and fried chicken.

They probably would be but I'm also sure they'll all want to eat together, which means me in 2nd class dining or everyone in 1st hehe (I'm used to rice and chicken and I don't mind it but 1 piece of chicken is about 1 piece too few and I'd like some spaghetti too...) :chickendance::SugarwareZ-047::hystery:

• Like 1