Subic to Nowhere, World Dream Cruise Ship

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I didn't see it today, but the biggest cruise ship yet docked in Subic today, the World Dream.  Credit for this pic to More Fun.ph.  Apparently they can put a digital sign up using the lights!  I think this was when they were leaving.

world dream.jpg

I hope this video of it docking works!  Cool drone video!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Let me know if there are cruises that starts and ends in the Philippines. We would love to do one. Normally, my wife and I do two a year. For 2018, it was a 14 days cruise through the Panama Canal. The next one is 7 days to Alaska from Seattle with our children and their families. 

Maybe I haven't done my search correctly, but so far there are none from the Philippines

• Like 1

Rich wood
Posted
Posted

Wow Beautiful, I love Subic was there a while back while we were on a trip to Baguio, not impressed by Baguio but Subic has surly changed since my Navy tour there. Loved the Marine park .

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I see it sailing past Sabang, Puerto Galera a few times per year heading West. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Let me know if there are cruises that starts and ends in the Philippines. We would love to do one. Normally, my wife and I do two a year. For 2018, it was a 14 days cruise through the Panama Canal. The next one is 7 days to Alaska from Seattle with our children and their families. 

Maybe I haven't done my search correctly, but so far there are none from the Philippines

https://booking.starcruises.com/cruise-deals/phl/ssvinmanila/

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Thanks Rooster. We are considering a trip to the Philippines next year and it would be great to combine it with a cruise.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My wife has a cruise on her bucket list and I have always wanted to try one.  My friends in the U.S. loved doing the Disney cruises while their kids were growing up, and that would be our ideal cruise.  The kids have lots of supervised activities, giving the parents time to do their own thing.  That would be a few years away when the kids are older and we take another U.S. vacation.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Just saw this on FB.  World Dream is 335 m long and in the morning the Ovation of the Seas, 348 m long, is supposed to arrive at 6 AM in heavy thunderstorms.

ovation.jpg

The Ovation is quite a ship!  Some cool stuff to do on board.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/ovation-of-the-seas

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

After "touring" the world's ocean as a haze grey, underway sailor, I would love to spend some time on board a love boat.  Problem is, that I might heave my lunch over the side from being sea sick......he, he.  

If I could get away with it, I would probably spend many hours on the bridge, especially at night or during heavy seas.  Yeah, I still have my raccoon eyes using the binoculars as conning officer after all those years.  I even conned a new frigate through the Panama Canal, Suez Canal and last but not least.....the Birth Canal.  

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jake said:

After "touring" the world's ocean as a haze grey, underway sailor, I would love to spend some time on board a love boat.  Problem is, that I might heave my lunch over the side from being sea sick......he, he.  

The love boats are huge. The bigger and heavier, the more stability. You can notice the difference between an 80,000 tonnes and 120,000 tonnes ship. The larger vessel glides through the water. In the event of rough seas, there are stabilizers to dampen any rocking motion. 

• Like 1