Royal Caribean Ovation of the Seas

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I watched a couple waving frantically from the dock as I stood on the top public deck (walking track) the ship had literally just unhooked the mooring lines and the stern was still adjacent to the dock but the bow was at about a 30 degree angle (presumably they had some sort of bow thruster system as there was not a tug).

I could hear the woman screaming obscenity after obscenity... as the ship very slowly left port *

I've done 3 cruises with P&O and 1 with Princess and all were great fun but I'd love to do a trip on a really big cruise ship like one of the Ovation class, I've only travelled on smaller 60,000 to 80,000 tonne vessels.

* Any sympathy her situation had garnered was very quickly lost as her words wafted over the open deck.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I see people bringing water on all the time. What cruise line are you talking about? There is no Silver level on Royal Caribbean I am aware of (nor Carnival).

I was stopped because it was a sealed water bottle. What I see on board are personal water bottles made of aluminum being refilled at water fountains. Recently, there has been a rules change regarding sodas. You can bring a reasonable amount for consumption in your cabin. Reasonable is defined as hand carried. It is still a no, no for alcoholic beverages and liquors. 

Norwegian. We have Silver on Norwegian and Gold on Carnival. Haven't tried Royal Caribbean. The coming Alaska cruise is our first time on Princess line.  

CARNIVAL LOYALTY PROGRAM
BLUE        -    First Sailing
RED        -    2nd Sailing to 24 Points
GOLD        -    25-74 Points
PLATINUM    -    75-199 Points
DIAMOND    -    200+ Points
NORWEGIAN LOYALTY PROGRAM
Bronze        -    1 - 29
Silver        -    30 - 54
Gold        -    55 - 79
Platinum        -    80 - 174
Platinum Plus    -    175 - 699
Ambassador    -    700+

Reboot
Posted
Posted

On 6/10/2018 at 1:02 PM, OnMyWay said:

Yeah, I have my doubts as well.  If we do one, I want to make sure that it is one that will cater to the kids 100%, so Disney is probably our best bet.

Don't get me wrong. Lots of people love cruises.  Probably you will too.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update on Cruise Liquor Policy

Below is a notice we received from Princess Lines regarding their current liquor policy. It is less stringent which probably means they have received passenger complaints. Other cruise lines may now have a similar policy to remain competitive.

"Guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded."

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1