How Safe is Philippines?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Capa said:

And boy, can my Doberman pinch!

I have had dobermans in the past and poison meat will sort them out.Your house sounds like a fortress and if that makes you feel safe, that is ok.I for one would not want to live like that.I think if expats keep themselves under control they will( unless they are unlucky) have no problems.

• Like 3

Kuya M
Posted
Posted

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Kuya,

Copy the GIF link.

Click INSERT OTHER MEDIA dropdown option bottom right.

Select INSERT  IMAGE FROM ULR

Paste GIF link to box

Click INSERT INTO POST

Done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The only issues thst I had is from the Philipina the I have been chatting to on line , they really do like to order the most expensive item on the menu , one told me today that I had to hire a car for a week and take three adults and two kids on holiday for a week ,lol and I get the pleasure of meeting the extended family and taking them out to dinner haha

Welcome to Philippines.  You seem to be meeting the ladies who hunt for "virgin" foreigners and now you know why :cheersty:

11 hours ago, Kuya John said:

If I tried to bank that much here in UK I would be accused of money laundering!

AHA.  Another reason why I choose to live in Philippines instead of some other country.  We are not on a financial leash.  Cash is still king.  But we do give up some institutional safeguards by using cash.  There is no phoning Mastercard and saying "cancel that transaction".

robert k
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Capa said:

You have so much money, you measure your 1,000 peso bills in kilograms! My Doberman is a highly trained police dog and you wouldn't get past him with those kilos! And he can really pinch!

No, actually all my long suffering, hard work and perseverance has paid off. Kilograms? You are thinking too small. I am still the modest fellow I always was though.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, robert k said:

I am still the modest fellow I always was though.

Me too.  That's why I do not talk about the millions of pesos in cash that I had stuffed in a shopping bag, sweating bullets, as I went to the Legacy office in Mactan to "invest" in their scam.  Oops I just did.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Me too.  That's why I do not talk about the millions of pesos in cash that I had stuffed in a shopping bag, sweating bullets, as I went to the Legacy office in Mactan to "invest" in their scam.  Oops I just did.

Dave, spending 780k php out the door on a new car, a durable good is hardly bragging. Modest car that it is also. Reliable all time of day transportation is important to me. If I absolutely had to have a McDonald's double cheeseburger, I would have to catch the bus to Naga before 8 pm and I would be staying overnight or taking a taxi home without my own transportation. I'd have had my old car fixed if I hadn't had abysmal experience with mechanics working on it (Toyota Tamaraw). I had the same experience with my Jeep 4 years ago, take it to be fixed, have to tell them how to fix it, repair whatever else they messed up after getting it back(brakes). I took my Jeep to the radiator shop with a simple leak at the water neck. Got it back with 3 of 4 hose clamps loose and 3 leaks. Not bragging, I just consider a new vehicle a necessity for me. I thought the story of carrying the purchase price of the car around was humorous in an, is it safe thread? It tickled my sense of the ridiculous.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, robert k said:

I thought the story of carrying the purchase price of the car around was humorous in an, is it safe thread? It tickled my sense of the ridiculous.

Actually, I did too.  Was just giving you a good-hearted dig.  Hope you did not take it with any malicious intent :cheersty:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Actually, I did too.  Was just giving you a good-hearted dig.  Hope you did not take it with any malicious intent :cheersty:

No, I wasn't assuming malice. I do have to tell you Dave that I admire you telling about the scam. Most people would keep it secret instead of " telling the truth to shame the 😈". 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Capa
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Mike J said:

Perhaps you could find a gently used bank vault for sale and convert it to housing?  

It is not exactly the US Embassy, where you have several layers of protection, but I take pride in having installed all that security gear myself. Someone else trained the dogs though!

Edited by Capa
add missing word