How Safe is Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

How long have you been imprisoned there ? What was your crime ? Do they let you out for an hour a day ?😀

However long it takes so his number won't come up. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Capa
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Old55 said:

However long it takes so his number won't come up. :shock_40_anim_gif:

And boy, can my Doberman pinch!

robert k
Posted
Posted

And to think I was walking around today with 850k on me in a backpack. The car was finally delivered. The dealer was dragging their feet (does it really take 5 hours to turn over a car?) So I went to SM mall for lunch. I opened the backpack for the guard and he didn't even look, that or he's bored with seeing 1/2 kilo of thousand peso bills. If I had the problems some people in the Philippines describe? I'd move.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, robert k said:

And to think I was walking around today with 850k on me in a backpack.

If I tried to bank that much here in UK I would be accused of money laundering!

If I tried to purchase a car with that amount of cash it would be refused for the same reason, unless you can prove where it came from and most banks would disapprove of carrying that amount cash. :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Nobody will tell you they have safety issues in the Philippines and the one's that do can't tell you.

• Hmm thinking 2

Capa
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

I opened the backpack for the guard and he didn't even look, that or he's bored with seeing 1/2 kilo of thousand peso bills. If I had the problems some people in the Philippines describe? I'd move.

You have so much money, you measure your 1,000 peso bills in kilograms! My Doberman is a highly trained police dog and you wouldn't get past him with those kilos! And he can really pinch!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Capa said:

You have so much money, you measure your 1,000 peso bills in kilograms! My Doberman is a highly trained police dog and you wouldn't get past him with those kilos! And he can really pinch!

Honestly, your dog is a fully trained police dog?  You brought him with you from Thailand?  The dog is trained to react to more than 300 peso or so in a bag or after he weighs it ? 

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I'm suffering from time zone disorientation or jet lag ,what ever , I've been walking the streets of Davao at night , bearing in mind I come from the knife stabbing capital of Europe (Glasgow ) and manage to survive that with out getting chopped up

I've been walking around in the wee small hours and have not felt threatened ,I've had a few pleasant remarks ,but no problems

The only issues thst I had is from the Philipina the I have been chatting to on line , they really do like to order the most expensive item on the menu , one told me today that I had to hire a car for a week and take three adults and two kids on holiday for a week ,lol and I get the pleasure of meeting the extended family and taking them out to dinner haha 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Capa said:

I still feel safer in the PI than when in lived in Atlanta, GA (twice), Raleigh, NC , or San Antonio, TX. People get murdered there everyday. I do have a 7 foot wall here with sharpened spikes and a heavy steel gate that I double lock so nobody can get in without my knowledge. I have an electrified fence, cameras, motion detectors, bright sodium vapor lights, a German Shepherd, and a Doberman Pincher.

Perhaps you could find a gently used bank vault for sale and convert it to housing?  

• Like 1