New Visitor Looking for Visa

Bob Moss
Posted
Posted

I am new here (Canadian) and wish to stay 5 months (Nov to April). what visa  and cost do I need. Thanks for any help. Bob Moss

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Bob this should get you on the right track and enjoy your stay.  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

2018 extension visa fees

Extension of Authorized Stay Beyond 59 days - Bureau of Immigration ...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Bob Moss said:

I am new here (Canadian)

Welcome.jpg  Cousin  union jack.png

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Bob Moss said:

I am new here (Canadian) and wish to stay 5 months (Nov to April). what visa  and cost do I need. Thanks for any help. Bob Moss

Just arrive and you will be given 30 days visa waiver, then extend before the 30 days is up. The other option is to apply from your own country. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Bob Moss said:

what visa  and cost do I need

Are you coming alone or with family members?  Wife a Filipina perhaps?

I will leap to the conclusion that you are alone and coming as a tourist.  That means you get the first 30 days free, as JGF mentioned.  Then the next 29 days costs you approximately 3,000 pesos.  Then you go back to BI before 59 days are up and renew for 2 months (ACR card mandatory and included for approximately 8,000 pesos).  Takes you up to about 2 days shy of 4 months.  Another 2K or 3K will get you one or two more months (depending on your departure date).  So all in you can expect to pay approx. 14K pesos (CDN$ 350) and about 3 trips to immigration.

Where do you plan to stay for those 5 months?

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I agree. For just 5 months I think the tourist visa is the easiest (if traveling with a Filipina spouse you can get a 1 yr balikbayan stamp.)

On a tourist visa you get 30 days on entry, and can easily extend it at any BI office. One thing good here is that the PIs has a very easy visa for tourists. :tiphat:

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you coming alone or with family members?  Wife a Filipina perhaps?

I will leap to the conclusion that you are alone and coming as a tourist.  That means you get the first 30 days free, as JGF mentioned.  Then the next 29 days costs you approximately 3,000 pesos.  Then you go back to BI before 59 days are up and renew for 2 months (ACR card mandatory and included for approximately 8,000 pesos).  Takes you up to about 2 days shy of 4 months.  Another 2K or 3K will get you one or two more months (depending on your departure date).  So all in you can expect to pay approx. 14K pesos (CDN$ 350) and about 3 trips to immigration.

Where do you plan to stay for those 5 months?

This is pretty close to how I would have replied.

I will just add a link showing the location of the offices where the extension can be done. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/contact-us/other-immigration-offices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1