Hail Bigger Than Baseballs

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have seen hail storms. I have seen hailstones the size of golf balls breaking windshields. But this stuff is crazy. I am happy the rain in Philippines is not frozen rain.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those who don't know (I don't think it says in the video) that is in Fountain, Colorado.

Can you imagine your house being attacked in the middle of the night like that?!  Must seem like the end of the world!

My sister is about 60 miles north.  I just e-mailed her to see if they had any.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I had a brainless cousin who let the dog out during softball size hailstorm. Mistake one. I had to tackle the idiot to keep him from going after the dog who sensibly crawled under a car. I used to love driving around in my 64 Ford Falcon, body made of 14 Gage iron, not tin. Golf ball sized hail would shatter when it hit that car, shattered hail  collected around the wipers like snow.

• Love it 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted

I know a guy in the states who during hail storm season, travels to hail storm locations where there was significant vehicle damage in his RV, sets up an auto tent along high traffic areas with big paintless hail damage signs. He contacts the local news and they usually show up to interview on his technique & gets free advertising. Makes Big money during hail season then lives in Costa Rica during the non hail season. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=paintless+hail+damage+repair+

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Rooster said:

I know a guy in the states who during hail storm season, travels to hail storm locations where there was significant vehicle damage in his RV, sets up an auto tent along high traffic areas with big paintless hail damage signs. He contacts the local news and they usually show up to interview on his technique & gets free advertising. Makes Big money during hail season then lives in Costa Rica during the non hail season. 

Nice but as I say a lot, we know where we are:whistling:

Rooster
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nice but as I say a lot, we know where we are:whistling:

:89: What does that mean?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Rooster said:

:89: What does that mean?

Wong Topic I will just go back to Bed  embarrased  man.jpg :smile:

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, Rooster said:

I had a one year old car pummeled by hail somewhere between golf ball and base ball size. Over 100 dents. Insurance company setup a tent in town to adjust claims. Drove my car under a laser scanner then wrote me a check. Had PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) done on it and you couldn't tell it had ever been damaged.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
On 6/14/2018 at 11:45 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am happy the rain in Philippines is not frozen rain.

You can get hail in the Philippines. Not that I have ever seen it but it happens. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Not that I have ever seen it but it happens.

That is an interesting scenario.  I would imagine it must be pretty high up in the mountains where that happens.  Do you know when and where it has happened in Philippines in recent times?

:dance:OOPS.  Google is my friend so I thought I would share the results.  Astounding!

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/22/18/hailstorm-hits-benguet-village

Hailstorm hits Benguet village

Posted at Apr 22 2018 02:38 PM | Updated as of Apr 22 2018 05:01 PM

MANILA – Pellets of ice rained down on a village in Atok, Benguet on Saturday afternoon as the rest of the country roasted in summer heat. 

The hailstorm destroyed crops in some farms and left ice in some roads in Sitio Sayangan, Barangay Paoay, locals said. 

• Like 1