UPS

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Maybe he will chime in and say where he found his inverter.

I would rather not give a recommendation, because I bought mine blindly online from China.  I am happy with it so far but it is hit and miss when you do that.  You can see some online reviews of crap products that burn up when used as expected or you can get some quality stuff, but its a chance that I took and everyone must take their own chances.  I won't be blamed if it goes wrong for them :thumbsup:

Same thing with the batteries.  I took a chance with an online lady who sells batteries and I did it because AlwaysRt and I had good luck with the last batteries we bought from her.  But these are different, Chinese batteries so there is no telling how long they will last and again, ya pays your money with something you find online and ya takes your chances.  Just like buying at a flea market or on EBay.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would rather not give a recommendation, because I bought mine blindly online from China.  I am happy with it so far but it is hit and miss when you do that.  You can see some online reviews of crap products that burn up when used as expected or you can get some quality stuff, but its a chance that I took and everyone must take their own chances.  I won't be blamed if it goes wrong for them :thumbsup:

Same thing with the batteries.  I took a chance with an online lady who sells batteries and I did it because AlwaysRt and I had good luck with the last batteries we bought from her.  But these are different, Chinese batteries so there is no telling how long they will last and again, ya pays your money with something you find online and ya takes your chances.  Just like buying at a flea market or on EBay.

Had a look on Lazada, lots of different kinds!  So confusing to match an inverter that will do the job without overkill. I want to add some solar panels in the future, so looking at a pure sine wave 3000W! Or might just get a small UPS, for the time being, seen some in town P9000 same ones on Lazada P6000.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Had a look on Lazada, lots of different kinds

Yep, and many are crap.  Wishing you luck.  My personal opinion is anything sold in the Philippines is factory seconds that would not pass inspection in another country.  Again, that's my personal opinion.  It is also why I had one shipped from Hong Kong.  Still buying a pig in a poke but at least it's coming from a place that has some rules.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Epson or was it, Brother, apparently, now do a Printer, scanner & Fax complete unit that has a 3+ Hour UPS built in, expensive I guess and am looking into it :thumbsup:

To me, it would save a lot of hardware and cabling :smile:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep, and many are crap.  Wishing you luck.  My personal opinion is anything sold in the Philippines is factory seconds that would not pass inspection in another country.  Again, that's my personal opinion.  It is also why I had one shipped from Hong Kong.  Still buying a pig in a poke but at least it's coming from a place that has some rules.

Joined a solar group on FB, had a quote for a 180ah battery at P1000 and P500 for 3 batteries delivery from Manila. I know we can't advertise on here but the abbreviations are SS for the battery, have you heard of them?

Edited by jimeve
wrong price.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Joined a solar group on FB, had a quote for a 180ah battery at P8500 and P500 for 3 batteries delivery from Manila. I know we can't advertise on here but the abbreviations are SS for the battery, have you heard of them?

Pretty sure asking about or even recommending a product with a link is within the group rules. You are only advertising if you stand to gain from a sale. Link to it and I will look at it.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Epson or was it, Brother, apparently, now do a Printer, scanner & Fax complete unit that has a 3+ Hour UPS built in, expensive I guess and am looking into it :thumbsup:

To me, it would save a lot of hardware and cabling :smile:

3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Pretty sure asking about or even recommending a product with a link is within the group rules. You are only advertising if you stand to gain from a sale. Link to it and I will look at it.

Oh okay the batteries sound like Japanese but probably Chinese (Sacred sun ) 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Oh okay the batteries sound like Japanese but probably Chinese (Sacred sun ) 

This is the FB group I bought my batteries. https://www.facebook.com/groups/862273810529087/ They are NorthStar 170ah batteries, built in Missouri and supposed to be back in stock in December. I have been a bit leery of Chinese batteries just because I can't figure out which are built to 'western standards' and which are cheap copies.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jimeve said:

Sacred sun

Those are the brand I use but I've only had that brand for a month so hard to say if they will hold up.  So far so good.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Those are the brand I use but I've only had that brand for a month so hard to say if they will hold up.  So far so good.

Been in touch with a guy selling them on FB, Steve (allwaysright) gave me the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/862273810529087/    Sacred sun 180ah @ P8500. 

Edited by jimeve
MISSING LINK, LOL.