Italian sausage - help!

Clermont
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Rooster said:

I just finished my monthly Angeles City Bar Hopping/S&R supply run. I bought Italian Sausages while there at S&R Mabalacat, 459p for 12.

Hi are the casings pig gut or synthetic casings. :thumbsup:

Rooster
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Clermont said:

Hi are the casings pig gut or synthetic casings. :thumbsup:

My guess is Collagen.

No Fennel Seeds, taste was about average, not much fat. I'm going to buy the Kolbasi next month and each of the Johnsonville Sausages on my next  month bar hopping S&R supply run.

9.JPG

10.JPG

• Love it 1

PakWaan
Posted
Posted

Which brand was that one you tried?  I can’t believe they stopped carrying the Johnsonville Italian Sausage over there.  It’s probably not to the Filipino taste

Rooster
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, PakWaan said:

Which brand was that one you tried?  I can’t believe they stopped carrying the Johnsonville Italian Sausage over there.  It’s probably not to the Filipino taste

Picture is The Italian Sausage. The pictures of the Johnsonville sausages in the freezer were taken the same day. I was at S&R at around 10am and there had to be 50 or so foreigners inside so perhaps they continue to stock them because of the many Foreigners who live in that area.

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Rooster said:

Picture is The Italian Sausage. The pictures of the Johnsonville sausages in the freezer were taken the same day. I was at S&R at around 10am and there had to be 50 or so foreigners inside so perhaps they continue to stock them because of the many Foreigners who live in that area.

a new S&R is opening soon in Lipa Batangas which makes it nice for us. in researching S&R i found that they have sold out to Pure Gold. 

im not sure how it will affect the product lines now. life is indeed a box of chocolates. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

in researching S&R i found that they have sold out to Pure Gold. 

That was in 2012 so any changes have already happened.  Pure Gold and S&R are now both controlled by Cosco Capital:

http://www.coscocapital.com/home.do

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That was in 2012 so any changes have already happened.  Pure Gold and S&R are now both controlled by Cosco Capital:

http://www.coscocapital.com/home.do

That explains why there is an S & R pizza in the Subic Pure Gold

Ray12
Posted
Posted
On 6/15/2018 at 7:08 PM, PakWaan said:

I’m moving to the Philippines next month. On my last trip to Manila a few months ago, I searched in vain for what we call “Italian sausage” in America.  It’s a fennel spiced sausage used for pasta, pizza and sub sandwiches.  It’s sold in basically every grocery store in America and tastes pretty much the same no matter where you buy it.

I tried SM, S&R, Rustan’s, The Landmark in Makati, even Santi’s Deli in BGC. I bought a couple different sausages labeled “Italian sausage” but tasted nothing like it.  Has anyone found anything anywhere in the Philippines that has the right taste?  I must have an occasional plate of decent sausage pasta with marinara.  If I have to spend the rest of my life eating that sweet sugar crap that Filipinos call spaghetti I might die. ;)

I have been looking forever too.  Just found some on The Butchery website that might be good.  Has fennel in it, not hot though.  Gnnna order some

• Love it 1

PakWaan
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ray12 said:

I have been looking forever too.  Just found some on The Butchery website that might be good.  Has fennel in it, not hot though.  Gnnna order some

This place?

http://www.thebutcherysausage.com

Ray12
Posted
Posted

Yup...gonna try the classic fennel

• Love it 1