PLDT FIBRE ANYONE GOT ANYTHING TO SAY ON THIS .

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I live in a two story apartment with thick concrete walls. My speed is fine but the WiFi signal is weak in the downstairs rooms. Where do I place the repeaters or inline adaptors to boost the WiFi speed downstairs?

I don't use any repeaters or extenders as they can be problematic from what I've heard (using up bandwith and loss of speed) - I simple drop a 15m network cable out 1 window and in the other to connect to the modem!  It's a little inconvenient but works well.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I simple drop a 15m network cable out 1 window and in the other to connect to the modem!  It's a little inconvenient but works well.

Are we hearing that it is not as good as people make out. if there are these problems then I will stay on my ULETRA WiFi and stay on Antenna  :smile:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Are we hearing that it is not as good as people make out. if there are these problems then I will stay on my ULETRA WiFi and stay on Antenna  :smile:

Yep, If you're happy with what you have now, why change?  If it ain't broken the  don't fix it!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Like most things here, 99% of the time it's perfect but boy, that other 1 % drives me crazy!

That's a head shot bulls eye HK.  Triple LIKE sir!  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Got to be careful what i say now on this subject being a Foriegner and the Phils laws about saying bad things about phil companies etc. But regarding our application to be upgraded from PLDTs DSL to their 20mps service  in early August , its now almost December and still no Fibre ! All i keep getting from PLDT cares 🤣 is our application has been allocated a service no ....... and thats it ! Went shopping today and theres a PLDT home fibre stand near Jollibees no sales staff etc just the stand ! What a pity Jollibee or SM dont do telecoms !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Got to be careful what i say now on this subject being a Foriegner and the Phils laws about saying bad things about phil companies etc. But regarding our application to be upgraded from PLDTs DSL to their 20mps service  in early August , its now almost December and still no Fibre ! All i keep getting from PLDT cares 🤣 is our application has been allocated a service no ....... and thats it ! Went shopping today and theres a PLDT home fibre stand near Jollibees no sales staff etc just the stand ! What a pity Jollibee or SM dont do telecoms !

The owner of a condo I manage had PLDT fiber installed. A bit over 2 months to be done. When it was done it was running at about 50 mbps but after a few days it did not work at all. The guys come to fix it which they did and just before the next guests arrive it stopped working again. Long story short it took several visits to get it working and about 4 days. The speed now is just under 20 mbps which l think it was meant to be in the first place. So now for about a almost 2 weeks it has been working.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I apologize in advance for this post and as a reminder here is Subic Bay Freeport we have Subictel Fibr, a subsidiary of PLDT.  We have had good service for 2+ years.  I mentioned a few months back that they gave a new fancy modem and our speed keeps growing.  We pay for 50 mbps but for some reason they are letting it go higher.

Current tests:

Makati server                                                                             Dallas, TX server

Screenshot (367).png  Screenshot (366).png

Sorry!

Regarding extenders, I recommend powerline adapters such as these.  Far better than over air extenders.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWRUICG/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b50jE_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=0M5BYA1DN0KC7RVAC931&pf_rd_r=0M5BYA1DN0KC7RVAC931&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=8a0fb6ce-b7ca-59ed-8c57-9b7ef77d618b&pf_rd_p=8a0fb6ce-b7ca-59ed-8c57-9b7ef77d618b&pf_rd_i=1194444

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I apologize in advance for this post and as a reminder here is Subic Bay Freeport we have Subictel Fibr, a subsidiary of PLDT.  We have had good service for 2+ years.  I mentioned a few months back that they gave a new fancy modem and our speed keeps growing.  We pay for 50 mbps but for some reason they are letting it go higher.

Current tests:

Makati server                                                                             Dallas, TX server

Screenshot (367).png  Screenshot (366).png

Sorry!

Regarding extenders, I recommend powerline adapters such as these.  Far better than over air extenders.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWRUICG/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b50jE_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=0M5BYA1DN0KC7RVAC931&pf_rd_r=0M5BYA1DN0KC7RVAC931&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=8a0fb6ce-b7ca-59ed-8c57-9b7ef77d618b&pf_rd_p=8a0fb6ce-b7ca-59ed-8c57-9b7ef77d618b&pf_rd_i=1194444

At that speed, the movie will be over before it's even started!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

At that speed, the movie will be over before it's even started!

Those cannot possibly work if connecting to another building.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Those cannot possibly work if connecting to another building.

If you are talking about the powerline adapters, correct most of the time, they would only work on areas that are on the same circuit.  If your guest house was on the same circuit it would work.

Regarding the powerline adapters, I paid about $100 for mine here in PH 2-3 years ago, and I only found them at one place here in Subic Bay.  Nowadays, you can order them on Amazon and have them delivered for much less than that.  The pair I posted earlier are only $37.99 + $17.93 shipping.