A few questions about Balikpapan privledge

Ian173
Posted
Posted

I’m in the Philippines right now with the 1 year stay on my passport which I got with my wife on arrival by showing marriage certificate , just want to know if I extend this by 6 months do I need to get an acr card, and do I need an ecc to leave the country ? 

I understand I don’t need an acr card or ecc     on departure For stay up to 1 year ?

Thanks ian 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Ian173 said:

I’m in the Philippines right now with the 1 year stay on my passport which I got with my wife on arrival by showing marriage certificate , just want to know if I extend this by 6 months do I need to get an acr card, and do I need an ecc to leave the country ? 

I understand I don’t need an acr card or ecc     on departure For stay up to 1 year ?

Thanks ian 

You will become a tourist on a tourist visa so thats how it will work for you because your Babalikan visa can not be extended, only reverted to tourist. You dont have to leave the country but if you do and return with your wife you will once again start the Babalikan visa. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Visitors who are admitted as balikbayan are given an initial stay of one (1) year. Their stay may be extended for an additional one (1), two (2) or six (6) months at the Visa Extension Section of a Bureau of immigration office. Balikbayans who have stayed in the Philippines after thirty six (36) months may be required to submit additional requirements.

It means you become a normal tourist once you extend beyond one year and all normal tourist requirements apply so yes, you would then need an ACR and an ECC when you leave.  It is why many on a BB just leave and come back the next day for an additional year.

EDIT: Yep, what JGF was sayin' in the post above as i was writing 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

When you reach one year in the Philippines as a balikbayan, it is the same as reaching 59 days as a tourist. Except, you are not supposed to be able to arrange a 6 month extension if it will take you beyond 16 months in the Philippines. Although multiple people have now reported going past 16 months with a 6 month extension. If you can do a 6 month visa extension straight up, it will be your best option and will cost close to P13,000. The 6 month extension includes the ACR-I card. Otherwise, you will be extending 2 months at a time for 6 months. 

You can then keep extending until you have been in the Philippines continuously for 3 years.

When you do leave, you will need the ECC and you will also have to pay the travel tax. P1620 if travelling economy and P2700 if travelling first class. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If your plans include making the Philippines your country of residence, it maybe possible to obtain a retirement visa under the SRRV program that is less expensive (no bank deposit requirements). However, double check because the original intent was to find a way for overseas Filipino to return home during their golden years. I heard the program extends to spouses of Filipinos, but the information source is not official. The SRRV website may have more information.

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2018 at 12:00 PM, Ian173 said:

Thanks ian 

I have a friend whom was in this situation a year or so back, he stayed on for 5 more months after his BB prvilidge ran out. Dumaguete immigration told him he required an ECC clearance,  J mall said not necessary. This is what he did.

Using  Facebook he wrote to Immigration Manila, was surprised how fast they responded, stating no he would not require an ECC. He printed this out.

Upon departure he was told by the officer he definitely requires an ECC, he explained  immigration at J  mall stated not required, was only after he showed the facebook  letter it was accepted.

Seems the left does not know what the right is doing.

Edited by RBM
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
On 6/18/2018 at 6:54 PM, RBM said:

I have a friend whom was in this situation a year or so back, he stayed on for 5 more months after his BB prvilidge ran out. Dumaguete immigration told him he required an ECC clearance,  J mall said not necessary. This is what he did.

Using  Facebook he wrote to Immigration Manila, was surprised how fast they responded, stating no he would not require an ECC. He printed this out.

Upon departure he was told by the officer he definitely requires an ECC, he explained  immigration at J  mall stated not required, was only after he showed the facebook  letter it was accepted.

Seems the left does not know what the right is doing.

Seems like it is better to have than not have an ECC when you are standing in front of the immigration officer at the airport. Or are you saying that J Center Mall will not issue an ECC regardless?