Need help with Info on Certificate of Legal Capcity

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Marriage in the Philippines - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk › ... › Birth, death and marriage abroad
Go to bottom of page, click getting married abroad, go to start now, follow prompts.
As a footnote: before leaving the UK, you will need a letter from a priest, or judge , police, the higher rank the better, or a person of standing in the community to say you are of good character, make sure it is certified and get certified copies. Try to get two character references also.  Also you may need a bank account Number in UK, tax advice notice, bank statement and proof of how you are going to support your intended. There are lots of sites linked to this question, some are only basic information, the more paperwork you bring across about yourself and supporting documents, the better.
There is a segment called LINKS in the Browse section that could be of interest to you, I will post this LINK in it as down along the track you might need to peruse it again. 
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Really appreciate all the feedback from you guys, I am really grateful. I am retired now and intend to sponsor my bride to the UK following marriage. 

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Thanks Jack, but I have been reading links all day and I haven't come across a police clearance for marriage, but as the post has not stated whether he intends to stay or go back home, I have only stuck with requirements for marriage in the Philippines. :thumbsup:

sorry for not making it clear that I intend to take my bride back to UK. she will remain in Philippines until the sponsorship is finalised. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bahmed02 said:

I intend to take my bride back to UK. she will remain in Philippines until the sponsorship is finalised. 

Beware my Friend that you do not mention that to the wrong people, the EU is having a field day on Fictitious marriages, I am sure yours will not be But........................:mellow:

bahmed02
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the warning,  mate, I will keep that in mind. also many thanks to all the friends here who have contributed positively to my query. I might need a miracle to produce all the necessary documents, but I will try.....

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This will give you some idea of what you need to do.This is 6 years old and some of the requirements may have changed.

My experience of going through the marriage process to a Filipina in the PhilippinesIN CEBU CITY
What you will need
YOU NEED TO GET AT LEAST 2 COPIES OF EACH ITEM.
YOU NEED TO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS.
FOR PEOPLE WITH BRITISH PASSPORTS.
YOU NEED COPIES OF:
THE PHOTO PAGE.
THE CONTACT PAGE,FOR YOUR NEXT OF KIN ETC.
.THE VERY FIRST PAGE,THE ONE WITH THE CREST ON It
THE PAGE WITH THE LAST ENTRY STAMP INTO THE PHILIPPINES ON IT TO SHOW YOU HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN 14 DAYS.

1 CENOMAR= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES.FOR BOTH OF YOU. FROM NSO IN PERSON OR ONLINE AT www.e-census.ph.YOU CAN ALSO GET OTHER CERTIFICATES ON HERE MARRIAGE,BIRTH,DEATH.IF YOU NEED A CERTIFICATE CHECK IT OUT.
3 ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR RECENT CERTIFIED COPY FOR BOTH OF YOU.
4 DIVORCE CERTIFICATE OR PAPERS FOR BOTH IF APPLICABLE.
5 PASSPORT FOR THE FOREIGNER ID CARD FOR THE FILIPINA
I HAD TO DO NUMBERS 1-5 BEFORE I COULD GET THE CNI
6 CNI= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.ONLY THE FOREIGNER, CONTACT  YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE. OR BRING ONE FROM YOUR OWN COUNTRY
7 MARRIAGE GUIDANCE AND FAMILY PLANNING CERTIFICATES. FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT COST P100. YOU NEED TO BOOK THIS AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A COPY OF THE ATTACHMENT I HAVE OUT HERE.
7A I HAVE PUT AN ATTACHMENT WHICH YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW TO APPLY FOR THE LICENCE. THE 2 THINGS WE HAD TO GET WAS A CEDULA  P46.20 FROM CITY HALL BY MAGELLAN`S CROSS AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE TO MARRY P50 FROM YOUR LOCAL BARANGAY HALL.
8 LICENCE TO GET MARRIED FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT I HAD TO GET MINE HERE I TRIED TO GET IT ELSEWHERE BUT WAS TOLD NO CAN DO. COST P100 + p1000 for the forms to be verified. AND P50 TO PAY THE WOMAN WHO GIVES YOU THE RECEIPT TO PICK UP YOUR LICENCE. THEY KEPT MY GIRLFRIENDS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND WOULD NOT LET US HAVE IT BACK. I WAS TOLD THEY ALWAYS KEEP IT SO JUST BE AWARE OF THAT. YOU PICK UP YOUR LICENCE 10 DAYS AFTER IT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE NOTICE BOARD.( WHEN YOU GO FOR MARRIAGE GUIDANCE ON THE APPLICATION WILL BE POSTED ON THE BOARD THE NEXT DAY FOR 10 DAYS. THE DAY AFTER 10 DAYS IS UP YOU CAN COLLECT THE LICENCE)
9 IT`S UP TO YOU WHERE YOU GET MARRIED. I HAVE BEEN TOLD ONCE YOU HAVE THE LICENCE YOU CAN GET MARRIED ANYWHERE IN THE PHILLS.

WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR CENOMAR ONLINE YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL FROM THE NSO/ E-CENSUS.
YOU HAVE TO PRINT 2 COPIES OF THIS . I TOOK MINE TO THE BDO BANK TO MAKE THE PAYMENT. JUST A SMALL PAYMENT FORM TO FILL IN AND PAY OVER THE COUNTER. WHEN I PAYED FOR MINE IT WAS P415 FOR EACH COPY.

CNI,THIS COST ME P9360. FROM THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN CEBU CITY.@Moya.jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk    TELEPHONE 032 2389055. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT VERY CLEAR IN THE INFORMATION IT PROVIDES AND RULES ARE CHANGING ALL THE TIME.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

bahmed02
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I need time study all these and how I will go about getting those. If I have any more queries or clarifications, I will knock you. Thanks again for the help.

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

This will give you some idea of what you need to do.This is 6 years old and some of the requirements may have changed.

My experience of going through the marriage process to a Filipina in the PhilippinesIN CEBU CITY
What you will need
YOU NEED TO GET AT LEAST 2 COPIES OF EACH ITEM.
YOU NEED TO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS.
FOR PEOPLE WITH BRITISH PASSPORTS.
YOU NEED COPIES OF:
THE PHOTO PAGE.
THE CONTACT PAGE,FOR YOUR NEXT OF KIN ETC.
.THE VERY FIRST PAGE,THE ONE WITH THE CREST ON It
THE PAGE WITH THE LAST ENTRY STAMP INTO THE PHILIPPINES ON IT TO SHOW YOU HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN 14 DAYS.

1 CENOMAR= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES.FOR BOTH OF YOU. FROM NSO IN PERSON OR ONLINE AT www.e-census.ph.YOU CAN ALSO GET OTHER CERTIFICATES ON HERE MARRIAGE,BIRTH,DEATH.IF YOU NEED A CERTIFICATE CHECK IT OUT.
3 ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR RECENT CERTIFIED COPY FOR BOTH OF YOU.
4 DIVORCE CERTIFICATE OR PAPERS FOR BOTH IF APPLICABLE.
5 PASSPORT FOR THE FOREIGNER ID CARD FOR THE FILIPINA
I HAD TO DO NUMBERS 1-5 BEFORE I COULD GET THE CNI
6 CNI= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.ONLY THE FOREIGNER, CONTACT  YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE. OR BRING ONE FROM YOUR OWN COUNTRY
7 MARRIAGE GUIDANCE AND FAMILY PLANNING CERTIFICATES. FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT COST P100. YOU NEED TO BOOK THIS AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A COPY OF THE ATTACHMENT I HAVE OUT HERE.
7A I HAVE PUT AN ATTACHMENT WHICH YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW TO APPLY FOR THE LICENCE. THE 2 THINGS WE HAD TO GET WAS A CEDULA  P46.20 FROM CITY HALL BY MAGELLAN`S CROSS AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE TO MARRY P50 FROM YOUR LOCAL BARANGAY HALL.
8 LICENCE TO GET MARRIED FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT I HAD TO GET MINE HERE I TRIED TO GET IT ELSEWHERE BUT WAS TOLD NO CAN DO. COST P100 + p1000 for the forms to be verified. AND P50 TO PAY THE WOMAN WHO GIVES YOU THE RECEIPT TO PICK UP YOUR LICENCE. THEY KEPT MY GIRLFRIENDS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND WOULD NOT LET US HAVE IT BACK. I WAS TOLD THEY ALWAYS KEEP IT SO JUST BE AWARE OF THAT. YOU PICK UP YOUR LICENCE 10 DAYS AFTER IT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE NOTICE BOARD.( WHEN YOU GO FOR MARRIAGE GUIDANCE ON THE APPLICATION WILL BE POSTED ON THE BOARD THE NEXT DAY FOR 10 DAYS. THE DAY AFTER 10 DAYS IS UP YOU CAN COLLECT THE LICENCE)
9 IT`S UP TO YOU WHERE YOU GET MARRIED. I HAVE BEEN TOLD ONCE YOU HAVE THE LICENCE YOU CAN GET MARRIED ANYWHERE IN THE PHILLS.

WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR CENOMAR ONLINE YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL FROM THE NSO/ E-CENSUS.
YOU HAVE TO PRINT 2 COPIES OF THIS . I TOOK MINE TO THE BDO BANK TO MAKE THE PAYMENT. JUST A SMALL PAYMENT FORM TO FILL IN AND PAY OVER THE COUNTER. WHEN I PAYED FOR MINE IT WAS P415 FOR EACH COPY.

CNI,THIS COST ME P9360. FROM THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN CEBU CITY.@Moya.jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk    TELEPHONE 032 2389055. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT VERY CLEAR IN THE INFORMATION IT PROVIDES AND RULES ARE CHANGING ALL THE TIME.

Hope this helps.

The above info is definitely very helpful. I have 2 queries please: The CNI or the Certificate of NO Marriage, is it the one now called Certificate of Legal Capacity? and if the British Consulate in Cebu (I note Moya Jackson is a Honorary Consul) has the authority to issue that.  Please clarify. Thank you. 

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Certificate of legal capacity is for Americans from the US embassy.  

For you it is called a Certificate of no impediment. I realise it has been posted that you get it in the UK and get it verified in the Philippines but I am 99 percent sure it can just be issued straight from the Embassy in manila and maybe the consulate in Cebu

The Cenomar and birth certificate for your fiance can be arranged online right now.

https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx

There are different requirements from every town hall so you will not be sure you have every document required until you make the application for the marriage licence. 

If she is under 25, she will need a letter of guidance from her parents.

If she is under 21, she will need permission from her parents.

Having marriage lessons will be up to the town hall.

If you want a church wedding, in addition to everything else, make sure you have your baptismal certificate. The church will have their own separate list of requirements. Including marriage lessons.

Once you have satisfied all requirements, you have to wait 10 days from date of issue of marriage licence before getting married.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bahmed02 said:

The above info is definitely very helpful. I have 2 queries please: The CNI or the Certificate of NO Marriage, is it the one now called Certificate of Legal Capacity? and if the British Consulate in Cebu (I note Moya Jackson is a Honorary Consul) has the authority to issue that.  Please clarify. Thank you. 

Moya Jackson has retired I was told her son took over but it was a long time ago.CNI as far as I am aware is the legal capacity to marry.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You can get the cni in the philippines but you will need to be in country much longer. Effectively the banns still need posting so you need to be in the Philippines for several weeks instead of the usual 10 days.

Also be aware of the requirement to bring your future wife to the UK which can be especially difficult when retired, you will need an income of something like £18500 or £60000 in savings.