Need help with Info on Certificate of Legal Capcity

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bahmed02 said:

Ahem....Michael154, I empathise with your experience. I wonder if anybody has any experience with British Embassy.  Every little helps!

When  I did it 20+ years ago you just rocked up. Now I believe you need a appointment.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/philippines/opposite_sex

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
On 6/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, Clermont said:

Marriage in the Philippines - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk › ... › Birth, death and marriage abroad
Go to bottom of page, click getting married abroad, go to start now, follow prompts.
As a footnote: before leaving the UK, you will need a letter from a priest, or judge , police, the higher rank the better, or a person of standing in the community to say you are of good character, make sure it is certified and get certified copies. Try to get two character references also.  Also you may need a bank account Number in UK, tax advice notice, bank statement and proof of how you are going to support your intended. There are lots of sites linked to this question, some are only basic information, the more paperwork you bring across about yourself and supporting documents, the better.
There is a segment called LINKS in the Browse section that could be of interest to you, I will post this LINK in it as down along the track you might need to peruse it again. 
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Clermont, you have been very helpful with useful information. Just needed clarification of your statement of character certificate to be certified. Normally a character certificate is statement of a person of some standing in the society ( say priest, doctor, government official), who would then be more qualified to certify that statement. Grateful for your clarifications. Thank you. 

Clermont
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bahmed02 said:

say priest, doctor, government official), who would then be more qualified to certify that statement. Grateful for your clarifications. Thank you. 

Being a Catholic country, personally I would go for the Priest. :thumbsup:

bahmed02
Posted
Posted

OK, many thanks for your kind advice.