Need help with Info on Certificate of Legal Capcity

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Moya Jackson has retired I was told her son took over but it was a long time ago.CNI as far as I am aware is the legal capacity to marry.

OK, it seems to me then I have no choice but to get the CNI or CLC from the British Embassy in Manila. Thanks for the info. 

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Certificate of legal capacity is for Americans from the US embassy.  

For you it is called a Certificate of no impediment. I realise it has been posted that you get it in the UK and get it verified in the Philippines but I am 99 percent sure it can just be issued straight from the Embassy in manila and maybe the consulate in Cebu

The Cenomar and birth certificate for your fiance can be arranged online right now.

https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx

There are different requirements from every town hall so you will not be sure you have every document required until you make the application for the marriage licence. 

If she is under 25, she will need a letter of guidance from her parents.

If she is under 21, she will need permission from her parents.

Having marriage lessons will be up to the town hall.

If you want a church wedding, in addition to everything else, make sure you have your baptismal certificate. The church will have their own separate list of requirements. Including marriage lessons.

Once you have satisfied all requirements, you have to wait 10 days from date of issue of marriage licence before getting married.

Thanks for the info and making things clearer. Look like I daunting task but I will have to persevere.....

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, bahmed02 said:

Thanks for the info and making things clearer. Look like I daunting task but I will have to persevere.....

Just do one thing at a time and you will soon get through it Your GF can do a lot of it on her own.

• Like 2

marine6357
Posted
Posted
On 6/20/2018 at 10:06 PM, Jim Sibbick said:

Certificate of legal capacity is for Americans from the US embassy.  

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license.

Instead, the U.S. Embassy provides U.S. citizens the opportunity to sign an “Affidavit In Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage,” a self-certification that the U.S. citizen is free to marry in the Philippines.

Source from:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married/

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license.

Instead, the U.S. Embassy provides U.S. citizens the opportunity to sign an “Affidavit In Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage,” a self-certification that the U.S. citizen is free to marry in the Philippines.

Source from:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married/

Thankyou for quoting a US source. Here is the Australian equivalent

http://philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/CNI.html

Clermont
Posted
Posted

There is a new section in the Browse section called Links, it is updated regularly for current requirements of all links posted in said topic. Over the next week or so I will add other countries concerning this topic.

It is hard to keep up to requirements regarding each country in the neverending changes to immigration and visas so if an old requirement becomes obsolete, just PM me or Tom and we will look into it. This goes for other post, posted too, thanks and I hope it benefits all. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Thankyou for quoting a US source. Here is the Australian equivalent

http://philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/CNI.html

Can any of you helpful guys please provide a link in British equivalent.  Thank you. 

bahmed02
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Just do one thing at a time and you will soon get through it Your GF can do a lot of it on her own.

OK mate thanks for the encouragement. 

• Like 1

Michael54
Posted
Posted

I know that for US citizens, you must make an appointment with the US Embassy before you go. I did this while I was still in The Colonies (ahem). When I arrived in the Philippines I waited for my appointment and had to wait outside, under shade, in the heat for about 45 minutes before I could go. When I got inside and had to take a number and wait for one of the people behind the glass partitions (they do this so you won't reach across the counter and choke them) to help me. When my number was called I proceeded to the appropriate window where an officious little man began to peruse my form. After verifying my passport and making sure my name correctly spelled on the form, he directed me to another window where I had to pay $50 for the privilege of having my form verified. After  paid my fee I returned to the original window to submit my form again, along with my wife death certificate (original, not a copy). The gentleman placed my form in a box with a stack of forms and told me my number would be called when they were through with it. Thirty minutes later I was recalled to the original window, required to swear an oath that everything was correct, and wait for the officious little man to scan the form again, stamp it, and hand it to me. I proceeded to the entrance and retrieved my personal effects, lest I attempt to stab someone or take pictures inside, with my Samsung cell phone.

Total time at Embassy - 2 and 1/2 hours. 

• Like 1

bahmed02
Posted
Posted

Ahem....Michael154, I empathise with your experience. I wonder if anybody has any experience with British Embassy.  Every little helps!