Throwaway Ticket - Do I need one??

bows00
Posted
Posted

Hey fellow expats, I know this topic has been discussed before, but I just wanted a last minute check before I board the plane this coming Thursday (6/21).

I will be staying in the Philippines for 3 months and have purchased round trip tickets.  And it is my understanding that I will NOT need a throwaway ticket, even though I am exceeding the 30 day tourist visa limit.  Is this correct??

Lou49
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

Hey fellow expats, I know this topic has been discussed before, but I just wanted a last minute check before I board the plane this coming Thursday (6/21).

I will be staying in the Philippines for 3 months and have purchased round trip tickets.  And it is my understanding that I will NOT need a throwaway ticket, even though I am exceeding the 30 day tourist visa limit.  Is this correct??

yes.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Salamat po

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bows00 said:

I will be staying in the Philippines for 3 months and have purchased round trip tickets. 

Bows my friend, the Round Trip ticket is your Onward Ticket

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

My return ticket this timewas 9 months in the future and no problems. In the past, 11 months, no problems.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bows my friend, the Round Trip ticket is your Onward Ticket

This.  A round trip ticket shows an exit. That is all they want. The time frame is not applicable (I have used one a year out - used the same ticket twice actually)

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
On 6/19/2018 at 6:00 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

This.  A round trip ticket shows an exit. That is all they want. The time frame is not applicable (I have used one a year out - used the same ticket twice actually)

thank you again.  i love the invaluable information available here.  

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

So long as you have a valid passport, a valid ticket to depart the Philippines and are not blacklisted, you will be granted a 30 day visa waiver on arrival. Immigration in the Philippines don't care what date is on your ticket, just so long as it is a valid ticket to depart the Philippines. 

However, some people have reported issues with their airline. If your ticket return date is beyond 30 days and you don't have a visa, some check in staff will not want to board you. If this happens, ask to see a supervisor. 

By the way, if you want to thank me, you can use Salamat without the PO, as PO is a term peculiar to Tagalog speakers in the North.  

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jim Sibbick said:

However, some people have reported issues with their airline. If your ticket return date is beyond 30 days and you don't have a visa, some check in staff will not want to board you. If this happens, ask to see a supervisor

Oh crap.. really?  So I should have purchased a throwaway ticket to avoid this hassle?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Oh crap.. really?  So I should have purchased a throwaway ticket to avoid this hassle?

No, just take a copy of this. And if they still give you a hard time tell them you know you can extend up to 36 months so makes no difference of the departure date. 

Capture immigration.PNG

• Like 1