Notice of a new ruling about burning garbage and leaf material

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Rooster said:

I was in Angeles City last week and bar hopped with another Expat who is a smoker. I'm not a smoker. It was very inconvenient being with him because every bar/restaurant had no smoking signs and actually enforced it. No Smoking is  being strictly enforced in the Balibago Bar area.

the du30 effect. now that hes decided he hates the church , god will be next i guess. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

god will be next i guess

That was yesterday's news, (literally).  Duterte sparks outrage by calling God ‘a stupid son of a bitch’

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That was yesterday's news, (literally).  Duterte sparks outrage by calling God ‘a stupid son of a bitch’

imagine? 77% Christian nation? the fentanyl is strong with that one. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, TunaT said:

But we can do our share and try to educate our neighbors. Just because laws against speeding are not enforced does not mean we to should speed, and so on.  Run a copy of the no burning law and give it to the offenders

Great idea.  Do you think you could pop into Flip Flops and educate our expat neighbors?  Run a copy of the no smokng law and give it to every table of offenders. 

When the expat smoking offenders start to obey the law then they may have the moral high ground to educate the local rubbish burners.

:56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Great idea.  Do you think you could pop into Flip Flops and educate our expat neighbors?  Run a copy of the no smokng law and give it to every table of offenders. 

When the expat smoking offenders start to obey the law then they may have the moral high ground to educate the local rubbish burners.

:56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

as a smoker all of my life i agree with you.. i obey the laws of the land . so should others. whatever flip flops is its their responsibility to see that the law is enforced.. imo

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Rooster said:

I was in Angeles City last week and bar hopped with another Expat who is a smoker. I'm not a smoker. It was very inconvenient being with him because every bar/restaurant had no smoking signs and actually enforced it. No Smoking is  being strictly enforced in the Balibago Bar area.

This is my point, slowly but surely these laws will be obeyed in one form or another. Some members live in the backwoods and it will be longer before anything changes but one day it will just be how it its is.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One day you will find its not the expat or the offenders but the establishment who is going to cop the problem for allowing it. Then you will find no one will be sitting there blowing smoke out of there, um mouth.  Times are changing but to believe everything will be the same for ever as some seem to suggest is just in my opinion wrong unless you live high in the mountains or on a two man island. 

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is my point, slowly but surely these laws will be obeyed in one form or another. Some members live in the backwoods and it will be longer before anything changes but one day it will just be how it its is.

The slower influx of society wrapped in cotton wool and carefully padded to prevent self harm is one of the things that appeals most to me about the Philippines.

When I was young I lived in the country in Australia and things were laid back and you could pretty much do what you wanted as long as you didn't hurt anyone or damage anyone's property.  Now the same rural area is full of tree changers and NIMBYs and you can't even ride a trail bike along a public track without people complaining or run a fund raiser at the local football ground for MND without the local council charging thousands of dollars in public liability insurance fees.

I agree change and enforced regulations will come here, gradually over time... but, I suspect I'll be well and truly dead by then so I won't have to be around to see it and until then I can sit back and enjoy life :th_thbarbaque:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Getting back to Queenie's post :smile:.   My wife and I, through our ministry "Philippines Blessings of Hope", spend much of our time meeting with youth here, mostly middle school and high school.   One subject we have spoken about is the terrible problem of litter here in the Philippines.  My wife is currently doing research and preparing a seminar for youth on the benefits of composting.  She says that when she was young people did a lot of composting and burning was usually only done to keep away mosquitoes.  For those from the USA who have long memories, you may recall this famous video/commercial from back in the 70s.  We show this video to the youth and also a variety of before/after photos that show the progress the USA has made in controlling pollution and litter.   Will our efforts make a difference?  Maybe not, but we feel like we have to try.  The Philippines is such a beautiful country it is a shame to see the effects of litter and pollution.

• Like 4

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The slower influx of society wrapped in cotton wool and carefully padded to prevent self harm is one of the things that appeals most to me about the Philippines.

When I was young I lived in the country in Australia and things were laid back and you could pretty much do what you wanted as long as you didn't hurt anyone or damage anyone's property.  Now the same rural area is full of tree changers and NIMBYs and you can't even ride a trail bike along a public track without people complaining or run a fund raiser at the local football ground for MND without the local council charging thousands of dollars in public liability insurance fees.

I agree change and enforced regulations will come here, gradually over time... but, I suspect I'll be well and truly dead by then so I won't have to be around to see it and until then I can sit back and enjoy life :th_thbarbaque:

i much prefer the flipins wild wild west life style over the "wrapped in cotton" shrinking soft handed violets  also.. fortunately many areas remain self governed and simply ignore the changes they see as BS.