Notice of a new ruling about burning garbage and leaf material

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

True but I bet there was no murder law once but is now and even though many never get caught there is still an investigation. 

Only of someone pays, come on Tom (JGF) we know where we are

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Yeah about the same time as No smoking and wearing of helmets but................................ Laws mean nothing here as you know

Might be where you live but let's look at where you live. Sure I seen something recently where traffic violators were being take to count and another example of laws being enforced below.

Spoiler

DUMAGUETE CITY, June 23 (PIA) –  Dumaguete City has intensified crackdown on ‘tambays’ to round up loiterers in the neighborhood and prevent crimes and illegal drug trade pursuant to the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte.

City Public Information Officer Dems Demecillo said the city has existing ordinances against vagrancy, mendicancy and imposition of curfew for minors starting 10:00 PM that can be used in the apprehension of tambays.

City Chief-of-Police Supt. Jonathan Pineda meanwhile said they are in coordiantion with the local government for the deployment of members of the Traffic Management Office, Special Enforcement Unit and personnel of the Discipline Zone Project to intensify the crackdown on tambays. 

Demecillo said crimes, rumor mongering, illegal drugs and massive littering in the streets proliferate and are usually committed by those who have nothing else significant to do but waste time in the streets. 

Duterte’s directive to be strict with loiterers or “tambays” has gained the support of local government units (LGUs), especially the barangays, according to the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

“We have received feedback from some LGUs and they welcome this recent directive from the President, which they say, is actually a big boost to their efforts to keep their communities crime-free,” says DILG OIC-Secretary Eduardo M. Año.

Año says LGUs already have existing ordinances to prevent crime, which include addressing the predicament on street loiterers that only requires strict implementation and political will to make them work.

According to the DILG Chief, there are already existing local ordinances against drinking in public places, going out half-naked, curfew on minors, among others. (jct/PIA7-Negros Oriental)

http://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1009419

TunaT
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yeah about the same time as No smoking and wearing of helmets but................................ Laws mean nothing here as you know

But we can do our share and try to educate out neighbors. Just because laws against speeding are not enforced does not mean we to should speed, and so on.  Run a copy of the no burning law and give it to the offenders. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

How many times have You said don't believe all you read in the Press? I am not going to argues or defend But we live here day to day and it is not that bad as the media make out believe me

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

This might work in the city, but out where are (only 20 km from city center) there is no trash pickup of any kind.  So... what else can we do - bury it? :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, TunaT said:

Run a copy of the no burning law and give it to the offenders. 

Yeah Charley and you know what they will do with it, Burn it :wink:

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

In Fact, I have just walked the Dog and had a chat to our NEW Barangay captain who tells me that there will be NO complaint heard or Fines levied in this Barangay until ENRO Start to do a proper rubbish collection that they are being paid for. His Idea and I can agree with him that when central government do something for the people then the people may do something for the Government

i made my fortune in solid waste collection in the states. when i came here it was a trashy disorganized littered landscape. 

i discussed it with several officials and suggested that i could line it all out PDQ with their co-operation if only they would enforce current regs. 

just put me in charge and id set it all up and manage it for a small fee. part of my international co-op campaign. :)

NO WAY I WAS APPRECIATED. no expat could tll them anything. BUT... now 10 years down the road they are doing a fine job of collections and disposal and i havent even smelled a trash fire for a few years now . the men on the truck even put my lids back on my cans and place them neatly at my gate. i remember them at Christmas. 

i plant seeds just to see if they will grow . 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, lobojohn said:

i plant seeds just to see if they will grow . 

Well done and I suspect our new captain is going to try and do the same thing but on Negros we have may deaf ears

Rooster
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I was in Angeles City last week and bar hopped with another Expat who is a smoker. I'm not a smoker. It was very inconvenient being with him because every bar/restaurant had no smoking signs and actually enforced it. No Smoking is  being strictly enforced in the Balibago Bar area.

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well done and I suspect our new captain is going to try and do the same thing but on Negros we have may deaf ears

he sounds like a man that can be approached at least. id thank him and encourage him, but not push him.. easier to pull a rope than to push it right?