Philhealth is Changing

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Saw this pic on the back of a taxi today.  Don't know quite what to make of it but it looks like Philhealth is planning some kind of change come October.

PhilHealth.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The current standard in order to avail benefits is making at least 3 monthly payments in the 6 months preceding the hospitalization.  Effective October 1, it is 9 payments in the preceding 12 months before hospitalization.  They are warning the public to be caught up on their payments in order to meet the more stringent 9/12 requirement.  There are some exceptions for new members and other situations.

It was supposed to be effective Jan. 1 but was pushed to Oct. 1 to allow more time for adjustments.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if Philhealth is open to expats?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Medic Mike said:

A lot of members here use Philhealth. Not sure why no one answered? 

• Thanks 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A lot of members here use Philhealth. Not sure why no one answered? 

CHeers.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Medic Mike said:

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2017/circ2017-0003.pdf

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Rooster said:

cheers

Clermont
Posted
Posted
members. This section features the different membership categories, premium payment, data amendment and other procedures that each type of member must ..

Go to, ABOUT US: when opening, then look under{ Revised Implementing Rules & Regulations of the 2013 ( RA 7875 as amended by 9241 & 10606 ).

SECTION 5. Nature and Scope The Program shall cover the following members and their dependent/s:
09 Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 7875 As Amended Otherwise Known As the National Health Insurance Act of 2013
6. Citizens of other countries working and/or residing in the Philippines – foreign citizens with valid working permits and/or Aliens Certificate of Registrations (ACRs) 

Footnote: Don't try to make too much sense out of the act with a Sam Magel in the hand, I think it is the latest amendments. :thumbsup:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Clermont said:
members. This section features the different membership categories, premium payment, data amendment and other procedures that each type of member must ..

Go to, ABOUT US: when opening, then look under{ Revised Implementing Rules & Regulations of the 2013 ( RA 7875 as amended by 9241 & 10606 ).

SECTION 5. Nature and Scope The Program shall cover the following members and their dependent/s:
09 Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 7875 As Amended Otherwise Known As the National Health Insurance Act of 2013
6. Citizens of other countries working and/or residing in the Philippines – foreign citizens with valid working permits and/or Aliens Certificate of Registrations (ACRs) 

Footnote: Don't try to make too much sense out of the act with a Sam Magel in the hand, I think it is the latest amendments. :thumbsup:

Yep the ACR is on my list of things to do...I believe I can apply after 59 days in country.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Medic Mike said:

I believe I can apply after 59 days in country.

Mike, unless things have changed you will have to be in the PI for 6 months before you can get an NBI clearance, then apply for your card.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Unless you bring a PI embassy certified FBI clearance with you. :thumbsup:

• Like 1