Philhealth is Changing

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If you found it on their website, can you post the link for us?

I haven't seen it online (haven't looked) but when my gf went to the hospital a few years ago they told her that girls were not covered for 9 months because too many wait until they are pregnant before applying for PhilHealth so they have to have it in place BEFORE they get knocked up.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I haven't seen it online (haven't looked)

Will this be of help

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1048789

:wink:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

As far as advanced payment is concerned, many of us availed of the the maximum 36 months advanced at the old rate 2 years ago July. I do not know if the advanced payment time has changed since then, nor do I know neither does the government for that matter, how the recent switch to national health care changes PhilHealth. 

• 3 months later...
Roadhawg
Posted
Posted

I'm embarrassed to say I can't find where to sign up for non-filipino Philhealth. Anybody have the link?

robert k
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Roadhawg said:

I'm embarrassed to say I can't find where to sign up for non-filipino Philhealth. Anybody have the link?

I think it's going to be your local office in the Philippines, not something you can do online, I believe there is a residency requirement. In larger cities there are some offices in malls, Lingkod Pinoy in some Robinson's malls. I need to look into it deeper myself. I had been putting it off. Here's a link that I think will let you search.

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/about_us/map/regional.htm

• Like 1

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, robert k said:

I think it's going to be your local office in the Philippines, not something you can do online, I believe there is a residency requirement. In larger cities there are some offices in malls, Lingkod Pinoy in some Robinson's malls. I need to look into it deeper myself. I had been putting it off. Here's a link that I think will let you search.

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/about_us/map/regional.htm

Thank you

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

I went to a local Philhealth office to sign up. Very quick and easy except for waiting in line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I went to a local Philhealth office to sign up. Very quick and easy except for waiting in line.

How much? 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How much? 

P200/month as voluntary member.

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

P200/month as voluntary member.

I have held philhealth previously then it was P2400 annually. When I came to renew I was quoted P17,000 and was told I couldn't renew at old rate. This was 2 years ago. When did you get that quote and subsequent cost?

I am single on a tourist visa, does that make a difference?

Edited by virginprune