Acclimatize, of not?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

And using a fan together with a dehumidifier would be a cheaper option than running a/c, I would have thought.

My split aircon has a "dehumidify" option which I have used but not noticed any reduction in the bill. 

• Thanks 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Is that something new? Security Bubble Wrap? LOL

Whatever works. We have a mutual acquaintance who lost an iPad and an iPhone to a window pole fisherman.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, robert k said:

Whatever works. We have a mutual acquaintance who lost an iPad and an iPhone to a window pole fisherman.

Yup, certainly whatever works. I never would have thought bubble wrap would slow them down. Confuse the crap out of them I am sure though. LOL

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Has anyone used a dehumidifier to reduce humidity rather than a/c? If so, does it work over here?

I often find that its the humidity that gets to me rather than the temperature. And using a fan together with a dehumidifier would be a cheaper option than running a/c, I would have thought.

Ken

An aircon is a dehumidifier with a fan

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

An aircon is a dehumidifier with a fan

Not quite. A dehumidifier doesn't specifically cool the air, in fact a by-product of the process is heat. A dehumdifier uses a lot less power than an aircon unit hence my original question.

Ken

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2018 at 9:21 PM, AlwaysRt said:

haha yes, your neighbor in Sibulan. While it sometimes just comes up in conversation (so no big deal) others I have talked to seem to think they deserve a medal and mention they don;t have aircon every time they see you. Those are the ones I was thinking of who seem to be "bragging about it".

I prefer not to use ac,it gets on my chest and my daughter has asthma which it seems to make worse.I don`t need a medal a beer will do :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I find I've been my own worst enemy for not acclimatizing. I've lived in Belize, Cyprus, Iraq and few other hot and humid countries where I had no air con. Within a month I was acclimatized every time. Here I use air con a lot and sweat like crazy when I go out. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Within a month I was acclimatized every time

I was talking to a friend yesterday who said exactly the same thing,he has not used ac and does not feel so hot as he thought he would.Obviously there are times when we all like to be cool.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Obviously there are times when we all like to be cool.

Peter thinking.jpg :hystery: I'm :cool: :SugarwareZ-004:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I'm :cool: :SugarwareZ-004:

Anyone who can sport a "cat who ate the canary" look while wearing a pink shirt is definitely cool AND self confident  :AddEmoticons04230:

• Love it 1