Manila mtr

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys 

How do I get to the mtr from manila airport ? I'm looking at using the train the get to Eastwood QC 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Hi guys 

How do I get to the mtr from manila airport ? I'm looking at using the train the get to Eastwood QC 

Try using Google maps and use the train option.  It will give you some ideas.

I don't recall anyone saying they used MRT from the airport.  And if it is rush hour, not a good option.  With baggage, even worse option.

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Have any foreigners used it and lived to tell about it?  :hystery:

I had a plan to try that a couple of years back but got scared off by all the negative reports from other foreigners.  If you do it, be sure to report back.

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Have any foreigners used it and lived to tell about it?  :hystery:

I had a plan to try that a couple of years back but got scared off by all the negative reports from other foreigners.  If you do it, be sure to report back.

My wife has a brother who is an Architect and lives in the Makati/Taguig area. She uses the MRT when she visits him and says it's a constant nightmare compared to Bangkok.

Best for him to take a Taxi unless he is Kuripot. LOL

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/NAIA+(MNL),+Andrews+Avenue,+Pasay,+Metro+Manila,+Philippines/Eastwood+Ave,+Bagumbayan,+Quezon+City,+1800+Metro+Manila,+Philippines/@14.5613103,120.9747893,20064m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x3397cec5d2bb4d77:0x8a24fa628a114411!2m2!1d121.016508!2d14.5122739!1m5!1m1!1s0x3397b7f7d62dec7d:0x76f96a633d4cc3b9!2m2!1d121.079597!2d14.6090497

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

So the general consensus  is take a taxi and live lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I hear that the traffic is crazy , is the a beeter time during the day to travel by taxi ?

robert k
Posted
Posted

I wanted to ride the train for the experience. The transit guard with the shotgun said wait for him to get off work and he'd go with me. Seemed like more trouble than it was worth. Still going to do it one day.

Howard
Posted
Posted

Best to get a cab from the airport to Eastwood as I don't think there is a train that goes there. I believe the closest train station is the LRT in Santolan. Then you would have to take a cab from there anyway. I ride the MRT and LRT trains all the time and never have a problem, you just need to be aware of pickpockets and snatchers at certain times of the day when it is really crowded.

• Like 2

Howard
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I hear that the traffic is crazy , is the a beeter time during the day to travel by taxi ?

Best time for travel in Manila is like 2 in the afternoon or in the wee hours of the morning.

• Like 1