U.S. Life insurance living in the Philippines?

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:unsure: Before anyone takes up Foreign Insurances, you should really make sure that it will be acceptable by any Hospital in your Area, I have a friend that had what he thought was a great Insurance But  when admitted to Hospital in Dumaguete, SUMC would not Honour it 

Just a thought before anyone spends 0000's on Insurance that is basically useless sometimes, We know where we are :wink:

but this was about life insurance not health insurance :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Joey G said:

but this was about life insurance not health insurance :)

Could end up being the same methinks :wink: For me, I would be enquiring where can't I die :whistling: Insurance can be that old Grey area

But I do take your point

Edited by Jack Peterson

Billoncho
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:unsure: Before anyone takes up Foreign Insurances, you should really make sure that it will be acceptable by any Hospital in your Area, I have a friend that had what he thought was a great Insurance But  when admitted to Hospital in Dumaguete, SUMC would not Honour it 

Just a thought before anyone spends 0000's on Insurance that is basically useless sometimes, We know where we are :wink:

That's life insurance. They have health too, but I never looked into it.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Easier to just google search 'life insurance for expats'. Some of the sites will list local PH companies that offer policies.  Many first world country companies won't insure you if you are living here due to the risk factors and those that do,  have high premiums that reflect and factor in the higher risks like they do if working in a war zone. I would think the premiums would be prohibitive compared with what you would  pay if living in your home country.

What i remember from when I checked this out many years ago,  was that the beneficiary had to be someone living in your home country and/or a fellow national. Your accidental death policy would not pay out to a foreign national living in a foreign country or something to that effect. 

I dropped the issue at that point in my research. 

I could be wrong.

I found it easier to self-insure for my wife's future economic well-being here, by buying some clear titled properties for her that she could sell off in times of future need, despite it being cumbersome and ill-liquid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1