Mirror, mirror, on the car.....

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What on earth do they do with them?

I have a picture from 4-5 years ago of a monkey looking into a triangle shaped piece of broken mirror.  Probably a female.  However, I told a friend about this and said they have the same problem, and he said he has seen them with a mirror on the ground, scratching madly at their own reflection!  Probably males.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

You know a guys want this or that and someone has friends who has this and that :thumbsup:

I think Onmyway meant real moneys so I doubt if they are trading things :tiphat:

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2018 at 4:39 AM, OnMyWay said:

Just a heads up that monkeys are taking the side mirrors of vehicles. I have lost one set and all the neighbours have also. Close your mirrors when you park.

If they have figured out how to pop the mirror out, they’ll probably figure out how to open it. However, if they don’t see it, maybe it doesn’t attract their attention. 

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well, the game continues!  My wife found a mirror in our garden!  I sent a picture to our neighbors to see if I can locate the owner.

I'm almost glad it was not mine because I already put a p4000 deposit on a new one at Honda!  I don't think they will refund it.

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

pick_it_mirror.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2018 at 1:46 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe it's local scooter riders... not monkeys  :whistling:

Mod_Mirrors_scooter_mod_revival.jpg

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is a story from a really nice older lady who lives in our neighborhood, but not close to us.  She shared it with our neighborhood group.

I had a first encounter with a female monkey who, I believe, was kept as a pet, and as she got older, became a nuisance perhaps, so was set free in this area. Myself and my 2 maids love animals. She saw this monkey who still had a belt on her, trying to play with my then female dog. They became friends. She ate whatever food we had for the dogs. We named her which in Spanish means " the Lost One". I enjoyed watching her. She even was bold enough to give me her hand, but I could not really touch her. she would pull away immediately. We found out her propensity for the side mirrors. What did she do with them? Well, just as a female would do, she looked at her face! As soon as she was able to pull the side mirror off, she would sit hrself on a branch and see her image!.I felt sorry for my next door neighbor and his beautiful cars - she would take the side mirrors off and showed how happy she was. She came around for several months. Rose's husband, one of my maids, thought of catching her. We had then a cage. He was determined to catch her and save her since he said the colonies would probably kill her, because these monkey colonies are very clannish and would not allow any new strange monkey into any of their colonies. Well, he tried all kinds of tricks with no success. She was too intelligent to allow herself to be caught by anyone! One neighbor tried to use a BB gun to no avail.After a few months of these shenanigans, she disappeared for quite a while. She came back for a little bit, then she never came back. Did she die? Was she recaptured? Who knows. I do feel sorry when I think of her. She almost was Human!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2018 at 5:09 PM, OnMyWay said:

When I went out to pick my daughter up at 1:45 pm and get in the car, this is what I see:

mirror.jpg

WTF!  Someone stole my driver side mirror glass!

Sorry for the late response on this but I just found an option for you:

cd.jpg :hystery:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'll have to get that upgrade for our Smart car, do you think they are available from the local Merc dealership. 

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We had a Mercedes Benz branded CD at my work (before I retired),  came with the vehicle engine code analyser box.  Only cost $15999 :whistling: