Mirror, mirror, on the car.....

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I guess there's a bunch of vain monkeys in your neighborhood with their pick of mirrors to choose from OMW!:smile:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I guess there's a bunch of vain monkeys in your neighborhood with their pick of mirrors to choose from OMW!:smile:

macaque-pet-lipstick.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GBT62
Posted
Posted

People will  steal anything from a car parked in the street.

My first car - was a HG Holden sedan. Took me 6 months to save up and rebuild engine, gearbox etc while I waited to be old enough to get my license. It stayed down the side of our house.

2 weeks after I had it finished and got my drivers license - I got in to drive to work - now parked out on the street in front of the house.. Started it up fine - let out the clutch .....and no motion whatsoever - forward or reverse gears.  I am thinking a clutch failure - and go looking under the bonnet (hood ). All good.

Looked under the car - no prop/drive/tail shaft !    Some cheap Bastid had been under it during the night and stolen the damn thing. The car had insurance  - parts didn't - too low for the deductible. So off to the wrecking yard - pity that thief didn't use them.

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2018 at 10:39 AM, OnMyWay said:

What the heck!  Mystery solved!  There is a gang that is stealing mirrors in our area!  I just got this e-mail on our neighborhood e-mail chain.

Just a heads up that monkeys are taking the side mirrors of vehicles. I have lost one set and all the neighbours have also. Close your mirrors when you park.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

The friggin monkeys stole both mirrors from the Brio yesterday!  And crapped on the hood!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

I had been folding them consistently but Sat night had my hands full and left them unfolded.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

I'm buying an Airsoft pellet gun and they will soon be paying a price for hanging out at my house!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

The friggin monkeys stole both mirrors from the Brio yesterday!  And crapped on the hood!

Sorry.  I know it is frustrating, but I can't help chuckling at the thought.  Maybe there is a little monkey in me. 

monkey.jpg

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sorry.  I know it is frustrating, but I can't help chuckling at the thought.  Maybe there is a little monkey in me. 

monkey.jpg

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

They seemed so civilized at tea.

(Yeah, I'm old.)

monkees_small.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

They seemed so civilized at tea.

(Yeah, I'm old.)

monkees_small.jpg

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm buying an Airsoft pellet gun and they will soon be paying a price for hanging out at my house!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!

397 AIR RIFLE.PNG 

I'm old school.  Here's a classic Benjamin 397 for about 175 bucks from Amazon.  I believe I have eaten barbecued monkey on a stick as I was staggering back to main gate.  Not too bad if you chase it down with San Magoo......he, he.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jake said:

397 AIR RIFLE.PNG 

I'm old school.  Here's a classic Benjamin 397 for about 175 bucks from Amazon.  I believe I have eaten barbecued monkey on a stick as I was staggering back to main gate.  Not too bad if you chase it down with San Magoo......he, he.  

They no longer sell Air Soft guns in our area, as far as I know.  My BIL in Baguio is going to get me one there.

• Like 1