US Bases In The Philippines

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I read that there are US military personnel in the Philippines assisting local armed forces.  Do they have their own bases or are they billeted in Philippine army/navy camps?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

They don’t share that information for a number of very good reasons.

The locations are secure. My son USMC was stationed in Philippines twice in 2014?

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I know some Aussie SF types that were recently assisting in Mindanao and they were keeping the knowledge of their presence very low key until it hit the news here and even then information was extremely limited with regards to all aspects or their deployment. 

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I know some Aussie SF types that were recently assisting in Mindanao and they were keeping the knowledge of their presence very low key until it hit the news here and even then information was extremely limited with regards to all aspects or their deployment. 

Not necessarily bases but small outposts. Here in Cebu on the opposite side of the island(Toledo City) I saw some American service guys at SM, so I chatted with then. I think them were navy. Said they had a survival training camp in the foothills here, near Toledo. So not a base but a camp. Was nice to here decent english spoken for a change with no accent. That was one of my peeves. Asked what the average speed in America was(55) if they replied pipty pive, then I knew they philippino! HAha! :dance:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Not necessarily bases but small outposts

Ah ok.  I think I have seen an outpost of American service personnel on Mango Avenue in Cebu.  (Well there were a lot of fellows out that night that would fit the profile but they were in civilian clothing :shooter: )

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(Well there were a lot of fellows out that night that would fit the profile but they were in civilian clothing :shooter: )

So what were you doing in Mango? Directing traffic I assume. 

• Haha 2
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So what were you doing in Mango? Directing traffic I assume. 

Hey Joe, new in town?

• Like 1