Too hot or too cold

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Maligamgam in tagalog but my wife can't remember the visayan. They tend to say not too hot or not too cold.

KurtVD
Posted
Posted

When I read the title, I thought this was going to be about the temperatures in places like malls, restaurants and the like. I am pleasantly surprised, here in the Philippines they usually set the A/C to reasonable temperatures. In Thailand, especially in Bangkok, I can’t go anywhere indoor without a warm sweater or I will definitely catch a cold; they use their A/Cs as if electricity was free, it’s a pretty stupid waste of energy, if you ask me. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, KurtVD said:

it’s a pretty stupid waste of energy, if you ask me. 

:89: Each to our own of course but yes, there is a need at times to check on the Temperatures in malls, restos and bars, the More people say at 25 or 26 but with only a few I see no reason for 18 as some have it but i can't spend a day in this heat without my A/C

Such are my thoughts, as to cost well, if you can afford to be comfortable then be comfortable  :wink:

• Like 1

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Each to our own of course but yes, there is a need at times to check on the Temperatures in malls, restos and bars, the More people say at 25 or 26 but with only a few I see no reason for 18 as some have it but i can't spend a day in this heat without my A/C

Such are my thoughts, as to cost well, if you can afford to be comfortable then be comfortable  :wink:

Comfort is important, of course. But if you’re walking through a mall in Thailand, you’ll notice that most employees wear relatively warm clothes (certainly warmer than what they wear outside), and that just seems absurd on so many levels. I guess the reasoning is that the customers will spend more time inside the mall if they maintain such a low temperature. I don’t know if it works for the majority, but for me it has the opposite effect. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/2/2018 at 12:25 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

What do you say when the water temp is just right?

Maybe you could say"sakto init tubig"

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, KurtVD said:

, I can’t go anywhere indoor without a warm sweater or I will definitely catch a cold

I wnet in 711 in Pataya and it was set at 10c I told them you will kill somebody with the shock.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, KurtVD said:

I don’t know if it works for the majority, but for me it has the opposite effect. 

As I said each to our own and you won't get any Argument or sly remarks on this issue, my name is Jack and not John (by any other name) :wink:

• Like 2

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I wnet in 711 in Pataya and it was set at 10c I told them you will kill somebody with the shock.

The 7/11 stores are indeed the worst in that respect, I’ve been in a few of them in Bangkok, and it is quite a shock. Then you notice that the employees are usually dressed in warm, long-sleeved sweaters with high collars and you wonder why...

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As I said each to our own and you won't get any Argument or sly remarks on this issue, my name is Jack and not John (by any other name) :wink:

hahaha funny.. i saw what you did there jack :hystery: