ECC at Mactan Airport

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

I was at the Dumaguete BI to inquire about my exit clearance certificate and was told to get it at Mactan Airport the day of departure. They now have the new terminal open and was curious if anyone has gone through the process at the new terminal. Easy-peasy or anything we to be aware of? Thanks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jeff R Us said:

They now have the new terminal open

Ahh, yes.  I don't know of anyone who has gone through the process at the new terminal but tourists I know who have been here between 6 months and 1 year have got it at the old terminal.  Should be OK so long as BI Dumaguete says you have the right ACR card.  (Has the SSRN number on it).

I would chance it if the flight was not crucial.  If I had spent $1,000 on my air ticket I'd go to BI in Mandaue ahead of time just to be sure.  But that's me.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

BI in Mandaue ahead of time just to be sure.  But that's me.

Or the BI on Mactan even.

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

I don't leave until Jul 19. I think I'll head to Mactan a few days earlier to find out first hand. I think it would be worthwhile for us to be in the know. I'll post my findings unless someone gets there ahead of me and can relay the info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 7/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, Jeff R Us said:

I was at the Dumaguete BI to inquire about my exit clearance certificate and was told to get it at Mactan Airport the day of departure. They now have the new terminal open and was curious if anyone has gone through the process at the new terminal. Easy-peasy or anything we to be aware of? Thanks

How long have you been here this trip? If less than 12 months I would go to the airport without a second thought. I have got an ECC at NAIA twice (at 8 and 11 months), last time being 5 months ago, and know 2 people that have done the same in the last 2 months. I have no reason to believe you would have a problem in Cebu. I am however still in shock Dumaguete BI is actually giving out correct ECC information now (assuming they also mentioned ECC at the airport is only available if you have been in the Phils 6-12 months - over 12 months and you do need to apply at one of the full service BI offices)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

How long have you been here this trip? If less than 12 months I would go to the airport without a second thought. I have got an ECC at NAIA twice (at 8 and 11 months), last time being 5 months ago, and know 2 people that have done the same in the last 2 months. I have no reason to believe you would have a problem in Cebu. I am however still in shock Dumaguete BI is actually giving out correct ECC information now (assuming they also mentioned ECC at the airport is only available if you have been in the Phils 6-12 months - over 12 months and you do need to apply at one of the full service BI offices)

That is my understanding as well. But like all things here if you get the wrong guy on the day you leave it could be awkward. When I last exited phils in March at NAIA term 3, I asked the BI officer at the exit desk  to clarify if I can obtain an ECC at the airport on my next exit, which would be after 8 months in phils. Her response was an emphatic NO! I have to get from a BI office prior to departure! So even they don't understand the rules. 

As a matter of interest, if you get the ECC at the airport on departure, (between 6 and 12 months) where do you get it? Is it the exit immigration officer or is there a seperate office that deals with them? I am talking about NAIA terminal 3.

Ken

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

As a matter of interest, if you get the ECC at the airport on departure, (between 6 and 12 months) where do you get it? Is it the exit immigration officer or is there a seperate office that deals with them? I am talking about NAIA terminal 3.

Once you pass the guard(s) at the entrance to the BI area, instead of getting in line that leads to the interview counters go to the far right counter, that is the BI cashier counter. If you wait in line, once you get to the counter they won't do anything until you go to the cashier and pay your ECC anyway.

When I was there in February we had a 5am flight and the BI area was closed until 3am and we ended up in line with about 200 people in front of us when the area opened. When we got to the guards I asked them if the cashier was still on the right and they said yes. I went straight to the cashier, no one was in line. Once done he sent me to the 'crew' BI window one desk over. Even with 200 people technically in front of us, and me needing an ECC, we were through immigration in about 3 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Once you pass the guard(s) at the entrance to the BI area, instead of getting in line that leads to the interview counters go to the far right counter, that is the BI cashier counter. If you wait in line, once you get to the counter they won't do anything until you go to the cashier and pay your ECC anyway.

When I was there in February we had a 5am flight and the BI area was closed until 3am and we ended up in line with about 200 people in front of us when the area opened. When we got to the guards I asked them if the cashier was still on the right and they said yes. I went straight to the cashier, no one was in line. Once done he sent me to the 'crew' BI window one desk over. Even with 200 people technically in front of us, and me needing an ECC, we were through immigration in about 3 minutes.

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Ken

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2018 at 11:20 PM, Huggybearman said:

When I last exited phils in March at NAIA term 3, I asked the BI officer at the exit desk  to clarify if I can obtain an ECC at the airport on my next exit, which would be after 8 months in phils. Her response was an emphatic NO! I have to get from a BI office prior to departure! So even they don't understand the rules. 

You might be right about not understanding the rules but the BI told me just 30 minutes ago that a ECC for tourist who have stayed beyond 6 months must obtain the ECC at an immigration office.

Are you and AlwaysRt on a tourist visa ? 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You might be right about not understanding the rules but the BI told me just 30 minutes ago that a ECC for tourist who have stayed beyond 6 months must obtain the ECC at an immigration office.

Are you and AlwaysRt on a tourist visa ? 

Yes, I am on a tourist visa. I guess I have misunderstood the rules. Thanks for the clarification. I will check with my local BI office when I next renew my extension of stay.

Ken