ECC at Mactan Airport

RBM
Posted
Posted

Interesting to know what to do, if one is unable to obtain his ECC at airport one is in the poo, especially if on a discounted flight.

Wondering if anyone has obtained this since Mactan was reopened and if requirements are the same as one needs at a BI office.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, RBM said:

Wondering if anyone has obtained this since Mactan was reopened

This is Philippines, Bruce.  I have not heard of any qualifying tourist being refused the ECC at any International point of exit in the Philippines.  But even if someone just did it yesterday that is no guarantee you will be able to do it tomorrow.  You may be the first to be refused :hystery:    This is why I always do mine at BI JMall, because even though I am sure you can do it at the airport, there is the old saying:

You pay.jpg

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is Philippines, Bruce.  I have not heard of any qualifying tourist being refused the ECC at any International point of exit in the Philippines.  But even if someone just did it yesterday that is no guarantee you will be able to do it tomorrow.  You may be the first to be refused :hystery:    This is why I always do mine at BI JMall, because even though I am sure you can do it at the airport, there is the old saying:

You pay.jpg

Yup totally agree if one is refused at airport in my case it would start a whole expensive ball rolling, better safe than sorry.....

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yup totally agree if one is refused at airport in my case it would start a whole expensive ball rolling, better safe than sorry.....

On the 16th of July the answer from the BI is at their office so you are correct, let someone else find out first. :tiphat:

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

On the 16th of July the answer from the BI is at their office so you are correct, let someone else find out first. :tiphat:

Yup personally very wary what they say. My friend was told no need an ECC after I think was 16 months as first 12 was on a BB. He was not allowed to board, just lucky he had the letter from a FB immigration Manila, the officer conceeded. Just seems they are the ultimate power regardless of advice given from Manila.

Further reading the Web site there appears to be quite a few requirements, one would be busy at an air port to organise all these and heaven help one if something forgotten. 

dick mammoth
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is Philippines, Bruce.  I have not heard of any qualifying tourist being refused the ECC at any International point of exit in the Philippines.  

Manila, Philippines---The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded foreign nationals to secure an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) at BI offices before leaving the country to avoid being denied departure.

BI Spokesperson Elaine Tan said that based on airport statistics, foreign nationals who failed to present their ECCs comprised 33% of travelers who were denied departure. “It is unfortunate that we have to deny the travel of our foreign friends, but we have to implement the law”, Tan said.

dick mammoth
Posted
Posted

1. Who should apply for an Emigration Clearance Certificate?

ECC has two (2) types, ECC –A (also referred to as regular ECC and ECC-B.

The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:

1. Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;
    2. Holders of expired or downgraded Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas;
    3. Holders of valid Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas but are leaving for good;
    4. Philippine-born foreign nationals who will depart from the Philippines for the first time;
    5. Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa with Orders to Leave;
    6. Bona fide seafarers who have stayed in the Philippines for 30 days or more and has a duly approved discharge from BI.

ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily. 

1. When should I apply for an ECC?

A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.

1. Does the ECC have validity? Will I be able to use this multiple times?

The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue, however, you may only use this once regardless of its validity.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, dick mammoth said:

EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ECC)

You forgot this part, Dick

BI ECC.jpg

You also forgot that this is Philippines.  Interpretation of "Rules" vary from office to office and can change overnight with one memo from head office.

dick mammoth
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You forgot this part, Dick

BI ECC.jpg

You also forgot that this is Philippines.  Interpretation of "Rules" vary from office to office and can change overnight with one memo from head office.

Yes did not see that bit. Here is the reply i got from their FB page when i asked about the procedure a couple of months ago

Hi i am leaving the Philippines temporary .Can I get ECC clearance at the airport . thank you.

424978_133424816796234_2071060977_n.jpg?
Hi. What is your visa?

Tourist

How long have you stayed in the Philippines?
👍1

Over 6 months but less than a year

Yes you may secure your ECC at the airport. Thanks!

Thanks for prompt reply

You're welcome!

Just to clarify I am leaving from cebu airport.Can get eec there?

Yes

Salamat

Seen Jun 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My experience is the immigration offices have different stories about where you can get an ECC when in the 6 -12 month window. However, the airports always have the same answer - no problem, pay the cashier. I have never stayed over 12 months and I have never gone to a BI office to get my ECC. I have always obtained my ECC from the immigration cahier (end of the row of immigration officers, pay the cashier and they send you to the front of the line) at the airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1