Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The fencing has been quoted at 280k pesos with a max 20k for extras ,the fence with a gate will run around the entire perimeter of the land , all 10500 sq mts my gf has put a clause in the contract fir the fence that we hold bsck 50% labour charges untill its been completed

If the perimeter is 10500 sq mts someone has made a mistake in their arithmetics and you need to fix it before you start ( per sq mts it works out about 28 Peso per mt, ). If the block is 10500 sq mts the perimiture will be roughly 400 mts which works out about 750 peso per mt. Why I asked did you get a few quotes or is it a family related concern. The 750 sounds about right maybe on the high side but be careful and don't leave materials lying around of a night, only get materials delivered for the days work. It is fertile ground over there, anything will grow legs and walk over night. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Clermont said:

If the perimeter is 10500 sq mts someone has made a mistake in their arithmetics and you need to fix it before you start ( per sq mts it works out about 28 Peso per mt, ). If the block is 10500 sq mts the perimiture will be roughly 400 mts which works out about 750 peso per mt. Why I asked did you get a few quotes or is it a family related concern. The 750 sounds about right maybe on the high side but be careful and don't leave materials lying around of a night, only get materials delivered for the days work. It is fertile ground over there, anything will grow legs and walk over night. :thumbsup:

Yes the block is 10500 sq meters , the guys that she is using do a lot of work for the water board and she deals with these guys on a regular basis 

She will hold back 50% of the labour charge as an insentive so that the guys deliver the job on time and at a decent quality , they quoted 280k with a guarantee of 20k max extra charges

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Yes the block is 10500 sq meters , the guys that she is using do a lot of work for the water board and she deals with these guys on a regular basis 

She will hold back 50% of the labour charge as an insentive so that the guys deliver the job on time and at a decent quality , they quoted 280k with a guarantee of 20k max extra charges

I guess if she has an ongoing relationship they won't want to damage that so that's of some comfort to you.  

As for holding back money - it's a good idea in principle IF you stick to it and can ignore the sob stories that may (will) come.  

The price is always a difficult one - it's well nigh impossible to know what is a fair price as the materials can be expensive or cheap depending on how much extra the builder wants to make so, again, you can but hope that they want to maintain a good relationship going forward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Yes the block is 10500 sq meters

Shape matters.

A long thin block of land will need more wall.  At the extreme end, a rectangular block of 10,500 sq meters that is 10 meters by 1050 meters will have a 2120 meter long perimeter.

A perfectly square block of land that is 102.5 meters per side would also be 10,500 square meters but the perimeter would only be 410 meters long.

Irregularly shaped lots are the norm here and math is not a strong point for the average person.  If the contractor/foreman has miscalculated then all that will happen is that they will say, "sorry Sir but here is the revised charge".  Filipinos often do not have the budget for the revised charge and the workers are not going to finish it out of their own pocket.  When you look around and see so many unfinished roads, fences, and building here you can now understand why.  Incorrect budgeting is why.

  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The contractor in question , is employed on a regular basis by the water board, so theres more ti loose if it goes pear shaped for him , gf sits on the board meetings and has clout 

Yes i fully expect thr sob stories lol , i control the cash flow and she promises not to run over budget

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Yes i fully expect thr sob stories lol , i control the cash flow and she promises not to run over budget

:hystery:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery:

Ok ok ,who said i was optimistic :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::mocking:

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Ok ok ,who said i was optimistic :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::mocking:

As far  as the block, it doesn't matter whether it is oblong or triangle it makes no difference, it's the perimature that you are fencing. I did a quick costing for you and I think they are about 100k + short of the mark. Wire chain fencing IS not to be spaced more than 3 mt between posts, optima 2.5 mt. You said your going to have cement posts, why not go galvanized posts cemented into the ground at a depth of no less than 1 mt, movement of ground during wet weather for the depth, (cheaper and easier to maintain, no finishing with mortar and looks good.) If you go galvanized posts, drill a holes in the bottom, centre, and top to feed your wire through the posts, do not over stretch the mess when pulling it up tight. Tier the mess wire off no more than 300 mil apart, we have clips over here but  I doubt whether you'll buy them over there. If your worried about security, thread a wire between each diagonal link on the bottom wire and pull it down tight. Don't forget to put in corner stays or the corners will bend in the first wet season and your fence will be buggered and if the tops are exposed, put a cap on them.

Now another thing that has been nagging me is, PI's talk English, but they don't understand English in the sense you can tell them something and sure as eggs they will do the opersit. This is not a defiant stance, they get a notion in their mind and you have to show them personally it wont work like that or there will be a blue. Take a bit of time out and read up on how to erect a chain wire fence and write down all the pitfalls and show the boss bloke what happens when you do it the wrong way, he may be grateful with some outside help, (Western style, then again).

All the best, but expect the budget to blow out. :thumbsup: 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Clermont said:

 

As far  as the block, it doesn't matter whether it is oblong or triangle it makes no difference, it's the perimature that you are fencing. I did a quick costing for you and I think they are about 100k + short of the mark. Wire chain fencing IS not to be spaced more than 3 mt between posts, optima 2.5 mt. You said your going to have cement posts, why not go galvanized posts cemented into the ground at a depth of no less than 1 mt, movement of ground during wet weather for the depth, (cheaper and easier to maintain, no finishing with mortar and looks good.) If you go galvanized posts, drill a holes in the bottom, centre, and top to feed your wire through the posts, do not over stretch the mess when pulling it up tight. Tier the mess wire off no more than 300 mil apart, we have clips over here but  I doubt whether you'll buy them over there. If your worried about security, thread a wire between each diagonal link on the bottom wire and pull it down tight. Don't forget to put in corner stays or the corners will bend in the first wet season and your fence will be buggered and if the tops are exposed, put a cap on them.

Now another thing that has been nagging me is, PI's talk English, but they don't understand English in the sense you can tell them something and sure as eggs they will do the opersit. This is not a defiant stance, they get a notion in their mind and you have to show them personally it wont work like that or there will be a blue. Take a bit of time out and read up on how to erect a chain wire fence and write down all the pitfalls and show the boss bloke what happens when you do it the wrong way, he may be grateful with some outside help, (Western style, then again).

All the best, but expect the budget to blow out. :thumbsup: 

 

I've had similar  advice from my son ,he worked as a fencing contractor for quite a few years before  he decided that university and management were a better idea, he now a site manager building blocks of flats , I'm looking forward to showing him Philippine  construction :hystery:

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×