Second visit

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I've changed the itinerary of this trip , yes theses a woman involved lol , I've decided to have the expat experience of staying in a condo , I've rented a one bed condo for two-week, I'm having a great time trying to figure out what to buy in the mall food wise , it's all feeling like a real adventure  

Tomorrow I'll take her to the beach ,then on Sunday,  I get to meet mum and dad,  keeping an open mind at the moment , but this place is growing on me 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Enjoy your stay and don't eat to much Durian :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Had a great day on the beach and I met her kids , yes I got to pay for it but I spend more on a carton of flags back home , it also felt good to see them all enjoying themselves.

Her daughter came out with the question , " have you slept with him yet mama ? It was in bisaya so thatbine flew over my head  , they do have a different attitude to sex lol , I think there is some sort of family protocol where she has to get their approval before we commence a full relationship

I got positive feed back from the kids much to gf,s delight , I guess I'm getting interviewed at the moment hehe , tomorrow is the big test , I get to go to mum and dad's for dinner , mum's got a PhD in English and is a pastor ,sisters a doctor and so is her hubby , dad by all accounts is a hard grafting father ,the lady herself is a minor government official in charge of 80 people

I genuinely like this lady , 

The one complaint that I have so far is that the TV programs are pants , fortunately  I don't watch a lot of telly 

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The one complaint that I have so far is that the TV programs are pants , fortunately  I don't watch a lot of telly 

If you wanted to make the move more permanent, you can get yourself fixed up with Sky/Cignal/Netflix etc

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Who ever mentioned  the bit about durian was correct lol , I think it comes second after God down here, my thoughts are moving towards a permanent  move down here but I can't see that happening for about 6 to 9 month's 

I've met a good woman , and I'm enjoying a short stay in a condo,  her mum lives in the jungle , her mum was proudly showing me the various  trees that they have planted , I asked about snakes ,she said, it's safe except for Cobras and some kind of big snake lol

Her mum is as sharp as a razor ,she tried to throw in the loaded question but I caught it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a great time you are having .

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, bastonjock said:

,the lady herself is a minor government official in charge of 80 people

Nothing minor about that position by the sound of it!

Looks like you struck gold, don't till anybody where you found it!

Money ain't everything, but in Philippines status goes along way :thumbsup:

• Like 4

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Nothing minor about that position by the sound of it!

Looks like you struck gold, don't till anybody where you found it!

Money ain't everything, but in Philippines status goes along way :thumbsup:

Guess that you are right John,  she's the OIC this week , tomorrow she is sending her driver around to pick me up and take me to the office lol

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Her mum is as sharp as a razor ,she tried to throw in the loaded question but I caught it

Scratching Head.jpg Which was? :2245_safe:

• Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg Which was? :2245_safe:

She asked me who was my gf in the Philippines, in was warned not to admit to having a full relationship until she got approval from her mum , if I had said that Grace was my girl friend ,that as unconfirmed later would have been seen as an admission of infidelity 

The family are a traditional philipino family , they are all university educated professionals

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1