Second visit

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Getting back on track with my visit , lol , I don't drink beer, anyhow , I'm taking the next step to philipines living , I'm buying a small condo in davao , I must admit,  I'm condoed out at the moment I've spent the last week more or less running around davao and samal looking at condos

There are some high end projects getting off the ground in this neck of the woods,  I'm hoping to buy a beach front condo at some point in the near future

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I'm hoping to buy a beach front condo at some point in the near future

I lived in a Beach Front Condo Beach Front House many years ago. It was awesome however my electronic devices eventually got destroyed, old VHS tapes, clothes in the closet moldy. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Not if you buy one at a time but who does that. Fosters is 18 cans for 12 pound in Tesco, 66p per can or about 46 pesos for 440ml. SML is about 35 pesos for 330ml here. When there's a decent offer you'll get 18 cans for more like 8-10 pounds.

It's not like for like though, is it?  I don't buy my beer by the case here, but I f I did I could buy it much cheaper than 34 pesos for a SMLx 330ml.  And that's not getting in to buying in bars - here I can buy a 330ml SML in a bar for 60 pesos - where can I buy a bottle of beer in a bar in the UK for less than a quid? Then, the issue of quality comes up - we are talking premium beers here (SML/Pilsner) as opposed to Fosters and Skol! 

A recent survey I read had Manilla as the 2nd cheapest place to buy a beer in the world.  From  my experience, i'm not surprised at that.

Anyhow, I do miss my lager!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gary D said:

Asda are doing 4 tins for 90 pence, that's 5.1p per 100ml

Just throw them down the toilet and cut out the middleman!

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well done!!!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

I got lucky

Yes, and no.  You did an excellent job of avoiding the traps that many foreigners fall into and waited and watched for the right one to come along and then you acted.  Is that luck?  Perhaps.  On this forum, we call it doing your due diligence and you surely did.  Congrats.  Well done.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

I got lucky , I met a trustworthy woman ,

:thumbsup: I do hope that never changes :wink:  congratulations.jpg

• Like 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Well done I wish you more good fortune in the future. I hope my luck is as good as yours on my visit in September.

• Like 1