Second visit

Gary D
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure where you're doing your shopping in the UK or the Philippines, but a beer here surely costs significantly less than in the UK?

I agree with your last comment - difficult to earn more than enough to get by here unless you own your own business.  

Supermarket beer here in the UK is around 15 peso for a 440ml tin.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Whilst you may be underestimating slightly, the ads say that beer in Tesco is cheaper than here.

Tesco Beer.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Whilst you may be underestimating slightly, the ads say that beer in Tesco is cheaper than here.

Did anyone notice that the price right at the bottom is per 100ml so in fact 13.9p is actual 4 times that in real terms which means each can this is 61 pence, that is nearly 1 pound a can. Cheaper? :wink: ,maybe I will just stay with my 23 peso ( 33 pence)

beer sori sori.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

I'm not doubting you Gary, but surely that's not correct? If it is, I'll be packing up here and moving back! 

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

Surely not?  That means a 4 pack of beers from Tesco or even one of the cheaper supermarkets are selling at 4 x 15 piso = 60 piso.  That works out at about 85 pence for a 4 pack. Don't think so but if it is as you say, wow incredibly cheap. 

Edited by Eddie1

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not doubting you Gary, but surely that's not correct? If it is, I'll be packing up here and moving back! 

Asda are doing 4 tins for 90 pence, that's 5.1p per 100ml

Edited by Gary D

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Let's talk peso prices and proper beer, lets remember where we are, these silly items are made for Asia and not the real thing. I will say it again at 23 PESO for a decent pisner is Good, But, I KNOW where I am

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, fillipino_wannabe said:

Average wage for a Doctor or Lawyer is just like $1,000 a month, you get over $5k a month for being a nurse in the US lol.

That is the average wage for a government hospital. I would say a higher percentage of doctors work in the private sector and are doing very well financially.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sure covered a lot of subjects from a second visit topic :smile:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure where you're doing your shopping in the UK or the Philippines, but a beer here surely costs significantly less than in the UK?

I agree with your last comment - difficult to earn more than enough to get by here unless you own your own business.  

Not if you buy one at a time but who does that. Fosters is 18 cans for 12 pound in Tesco, 66p per can or about 46 pesos for 440ml. SML is about 35 pesos for 330ml here. When there's a decent offer you'll get 18 cans for more like 8-10 pounds.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe