ShippingCart.com

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

I think you'll get it in time. UPS ain't too bad (usually). Still, for a Prime member ordering direct from AS, that is really slow. They are usually really good at getting Prime member orders out and on their way. I am Prime member also. I have thought about giving it up many times, but I just cant seem to do it. I do take advantage of the other stuff too, though, nowadays with Prime Pantry, the meager AWS storage, the free movies every now and then, etc. Not a bad value for $100 a year. Not as good a value here as it would be in the States, but still not too bad at all. And, the free shipping to to Shipping Cart helps out (for both Prime and Prime Pantry) orders.

I have yet to sit down and figure out how to watch Prime Video from here but that 2-day shipping to my friend's house when he's making up a BB Box is addicting. I've been looking at Pantry but it's like Google for me. I'm half "Eff the man!" and half, "Ohhh! That's nice!"

I can't believe I forgot that there's an Ontario, California. Still, it went south from Seattle before it went North to Alaska (go north the rush is on!). Logistics is a weird science.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I can't believe I forgot that there's an Ontario, California. Still, it went south from Seattle before it went North to Alaska (go north the rush is on!). Logistics is a weird science.

You are experiencing Fred Smith's hub and spoke system.  Everybody thought he was crazy when he started Fedex based on the theory that it was more efficient to have a central hub on the other side of the country, and sort everything there.  As volumes allowed, it developed into the multi-hub system that exists today.  UPS, DHL and others copied the ideas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_W._Smith

I used to build cargo forecast and routing models for one of those companies and in my later career, managed the internal ontime performance reporting.  Some fond memories in those middle years of my career.  Not so fond memories of the last few years but, hey, I can't complain;  it pushed me into a better life here in the Philippines. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

All you need is a good VPN to watch the U.S. prime videos. I am sure not all will work, but just read the reviews to see if the VPN can access Netflix. If it can, chances are really good, it can access U.S Prime Video as well. I use a couple of different ones and my own VPN server that is hosted in California. If the commercial VPNs don't work, my private server always does, as they don't have any records of that particular IP address being associated with a VPN. Pretty easy to set up your own VPN. However, with your VPN, you do have to monitor bandwidth usage as it can grow quite fast when streaming Netflix or Prime videos.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

All you need is a good VPN to watch the U.S. prime videos. I am sure not all will work, but just read the reviews to see if the VPN can access Netflix. If it can, chances are really good, it can access U.S Prime Video as well. I use a couple of different ones and my own VPN server that is hosted in California. If the commercial VPNs don't work, my private server always does, as they don't have any records of that particular IP address being associated with a VPN. Pretty easy to set up your own VPN. However, with your VPN, you do have to monitor bandwidth usage as it can grow quite fast when streaming Netflix or Prime videos.

I can access Prime video without VPN on my Samsung tv here, but I guess the choices are limited.  I only tried it once or twice.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Back to Shipping Cart, yesterday I ordered 2 supplements on Amazon at around midnight, and they offered me free same day delivery on Sunday, so I took it.  I am going to try an air shipment with these.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Let us know how it goes. Plenty of people complaining about SC air shipments on Facebook the last few weeks. Hope your shipment doesn't get delayed too much. Seems they have plenty of reasons for the delays though. Anyway, good luck.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I received my package from Amazon Global today, seven days before the target delivery date.

Weird how Amazon said it might be late on their tracking page but it was due on the 29th. On the tracking page now, they're apologizing for it being late because it was supposed to be here yesterday. But the original delivery date was NEXT Wednesday.

On UPS's site, there's no update for its departure from Manila or arrival in Davao or its delivery.

Glitchy, but the package is here and though I paid extra for the shipping, it's still nice to get something from the US in just seven days down here in Davao.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/21/2018 at 12:23 AM, OnMyWay said:

Back to Shipping Cart, yesterday I ordered 2 supplements on Amazon at around midnight, and they offered me free same day delivery on Sunday, so I took it.  I am going to try an air shipment with these.

1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Weird how Amazon said it might be late on their tracking page but it was due on the 29th. On the tracking page now, they're apologizing for it being late because it was supposed to be here yesterday. But the original delivery date was NEXT Wednesday.

Yes, Amazon can have some glitches in their tracking.  The 2 supplements I ordered last Sunday with Sameday delivery were not delivery Sunday, but I got a message from Shipping Cart that they arrived Monday morning, then they were in my cart ready to ship out later that afternoon, Monday, west coast time.

So today I got this message from Amazon about the shipment:

Unfortunately we will not be able to deliver your package as it has been lost in transit or damaged. We are very sorry about this. 

Please Contact Us and we will do what we can to make this right for you. 

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I sent my first Shipping Cart Air Cargo shipment yesterday.  6 small items, less than one pound.  Total shipping cost $16.99.

Ship date west coast 8/28/18.  Estimated delivery date 9/6/18.  Latest Update: 08/30/2018 23:59:00
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL MANILA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I want to thank you again, OnMyWay, for keeping us posted on this. If all goes well for you, I can see myself using this rather than sending multiple packages to my friend's address and trying to fill up a big Atlas BB box. Thanks for taking one for the team.

• Like 2