ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

I think you're right. My box was even forwarded to the "Balikbayan Box Delivery Team." I only ordered canned goods and other non-perishables, so well see. I hope the cans don't get beat up too much, though.

Your box must be heavy.  After I picked my 4 year old daughter from school, she saw the box, lifted it above her head, and yelled "Is this Mr. Potatoe Head?"  She had been waiting for her "Potatoe Head on the ship".  :smile:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Your box must be heavy.  After I picked my 4 year old daughter from school, she saw the box, lifted it above her head, and yelled "Is this Mr. Potatoe Head?"  She had been waiting for her "Potatoe Head on the ship".  :smile:

Yeah, I am sure that it is quite heavy if they crammed it all into one box. A few cases of small cans and quite a few number 10 cans also. Sure the delivery boys will want a tip. lol

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Sure the delivery boys will want a tip. lol

"I'll give you a tip, lads.  Put it in 2 or more boxes next time and you won't strain your back." :58:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Just an update. First sea cargo delivery is now a week late. Shipping Cart has no idea when it might arrive. :(

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Just an update. First sea cargo delivery is now a week late. Shipping Cart has no idea when it might arrive. :(

My second sea shipment was delayed a week in Taiwan and arrived Manila on the 17th.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My second sea shipment was delayed a week in Taiwan and arrived Manila on the 17th.

Yeah I have a package on that boat also. At least with me they're consistent; late across the board. They sent me a message that if the package does not arrive by next week, they will process a refund for the items and shipping. Not very encouraging. Wait two months for nothing. I hope not.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Yeah I have a package on that boat also. At least with me they're consistent; late across the board. They sent me a message that if the package does not arrive by next week, they will process a refund for the items and shipping. Not very encouraging. Wait two months for nothing. I hope not.

WTH? Let's start up a shipping business but not spend any money on actual logistics and tracking.

I was just about to start using them but now, I don't know.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

7 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

WTH? Let's start up a shipping business but not spend any money on actual logistics and tracking.

I was just about to start using them but now, I don't know.

That is a bit harsh.  I have found them to be professional so far.  Good website, good handling of packages in their warehouse, no billing issues.  The SEA logistics and tracking, I believe, are done primarily by their sub-contractor, who I think is LBC and a leader in the Philippines shipping business.

I'm not that concerned on the transit time because I had low expectations.  I suspected that their SEA shipments were travelling via Balikbayan box mode and I think we now now that is LBC.  I think they are handing over to LBC in SF Bay area.  Despite the Shipping Cart estimated delivery date that was quite promising, I'm happy with the 1-2 month service that BB boxes usually get from the U.S. west coast.

LBC does not have good tracking of BB boxes.  I remember that their website was quite useless for tracking but there was usually a lot more info on Aftership.com.  I'm not sure if that works for the Shipping Cart shipments.

However, the tracking doesn't seem bad to me.  This is what they show for my outstanding shipment:

Screenshot (333).png

I also just found in my spam folder an e-mail update from the 17th:

Please be advised that we received confirmation from our partner carrier that your ShippingCart shipment with tracking number 1572-5511-VLMC  experienced a delay in the berthing of the vessel in Manila due to port congestion. We received update today that the vessel has arrived and berthed today, September 17, 2018 in Manila.

Rest assured, we're doing everything we can to expedite the processing of your items so delivery will be within the earliest possible time. You may monitor further the movement of your shipment through your ShippingCart account.

Considering there was a super typhoon impacting shipping, that delay is acceptable to me.

I'm not unhappy with the service at this time.  Having worked in the shipping business for many years, I do probably have a bit more tolerance for delays than some might.  :smile:  You also need to remember, this is a very low cost method to ship.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

The scary thing is I never mentioned getting a refund to them at all. I just asked for updates a couple of times. I have seen a lot of negative buzz about them on Facebook and other forums though. So maybe they're just reacting to that. I dont really mind waiting a little while longer. Now, the kids, they're a different story. They ask everyday now where there stuff is. lol

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Any updates Jessdaddy?  My shipment now says received at LBC Manila warehouse today.