ShippingCart.com

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm ok with 6 weeks for sea freight, which is about what you got,

No it was closer to 2 months. The "Payment Confirmed" date for ShippingCart was July 29.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I received my second sea shipment today.  Originated on August 2 with September 15th estimated delivery, delivered on September 29th, about 55 days.

I sent them an e-mail last night inquiring why LBC had not delivered yet after the shipments showed arrived in Olongapo last Saturday.  They answered immediately and send the latest LBC info said it was delivered.  I said no, please look into it, and they said they would get back to me.

This morning I asked my neighbor if they had seen LBC around and they said yes, around 2 pm yesterday.  So this afternoon we stopped by and LBC office to follow up.  No tracking, internet down.  However, she gave us the number of a delivery driver, who turn out to be letters only (motorcycle) and he gave us the number of the box delivery guy, who said he was way over in Orion (50 km away?) but would come by later.  He must have come directly because he was there in about an hour.  Strangely, he didn't have me sign; he just said my name and gave me the box.

So, LBC continues to be the weak link.  Overall, I am satisfied with the overall service I got on my 2 sea shipments and 1 air shipment.  I don't have good alternatives so I am planning on ordering again.

Side note. I had contacted Shipping Cart about sending U.S. OTC drugs, and they said it was ok as long as no prescription is required.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

delivered on September 29th

But it's only the 26th

1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

This morning I asked my neighbor if they had seen LBC around and they said yes, around 2 pm yesterday.

1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

So, LBC continues to be the weak link. 

Maybe not so did your neighbor see if they actually tried to deliver to you but maybe no one home? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But it's only the 26th

Maybe not so did your neighbor see if they actually tried to deliver to you but maybe no one home? 

Oh scheisse!  Up side down dyslexia!  26th!

Yes, that was correct.  We were not home yesterday when they tried to deliver.  What puzzles me about LBC is that they don't leave notes like other companies do.

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2018 at 4:01 PM, JeSsDaDdY said:

UPS just dropped off the Amazon Global package. No additional fees or taxes collected. Just a signature and that was it. 5 days from order to delivery for $16. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I just ordered my first Amazon Global shipment.  My daughter needed a costume for school and the only place we found one here was Lazada for over p7000.  Same costume on Amazon is $25.  For some reason there is no weight listed and the shipping for this started at $24.  Maybe it is in a box and they are charging dim weight?  I added in a shirt and shorts that added only $5 more for total shipping of $29.  Due October 15th but I'm guessing it will arrive sooner.

• Like 2

TimL
Posted
Posted

Interesting stuff everyone. Thanks for all of the updates. I might give Amazon a test run on some non-essential but wanted things.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I just ordered my first Amazon Global shipment.  My daughter needed a costume for school and the only place we found one here was Lazada for over p7000.  Same costume on Amazon is $25.  For some reason there is no weight listed and the shipping for this started at $24.  Maybe it is in a box and they are charging dim weight?  I added in a shirt and shorts that added only $5 more for total shipping of $29.  Due October 15th but I'm guessing it will arrive sooner.

Strangely, Amazon shipped my $10 shorts all alone on UPS from Philadelphia.  I only paid $2-3 incremental shipping to add the shorts to the costume order.  Same for the shirt.  I guess Amazon sometimes has to eat the minimum UPS charge if they can't consolidate from one location.  Or, they have some kind of complicated deal with UPS.   The shirt and costume are scheduled to ship Monday.

Screenshot (355).png

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, OnMyWay said:

Strangely, Amazon shipped my $10 shorts all alone on UPS from Philadelphia.  I only paid $2-3 incremental shipping to add the shorts to the costume order.

My shorts were delivered today.  Ordered Friday, delivered Tuesday!  And now the delivery for the other two items is scheduled for Thursday.

Edited by OnMyWay

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

12 light items (rash guards, women's swim skirts, etc.) transacted for air cargo on Sept. 29 from California, arrived today just one day late for $57.88. I needed some of the things for home brewing and my wife wanted the family swim stuff early to try on. Packed very nicely and neatly in their "Small" BB box (about 1/3 of a regular Atlas or LBC BB box).

I like that each item was returned to its shipping packaging after measuring where practical and RESEALED. Some of the lighter stuff like the rashguards and swim skirts were not repackaged at all but left in their manufacturer's packaging which is fine as they won't be damaged from bouncing around. It saves a few pennies in weight when shipping by air, also.

Altogether happy with this shipment. We have one more with heavier items coming by sea and due Nov. 19.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/9/2018 at 3:20 PM, OnMyWay said:

And now the delivery for the other two items is scheduled for Thursday.

The second part of my Amazon shipment arrived today!  Ordered Friday, delivered Thursday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1