ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I used Shipping Cart about a year and a half ago to order some books at Amazon. I used the option to pay directly at LBC instead of my credit card. Everything worked as promised but the air cargo cost for 3 books was ridiculous. Don't remember the exact amount but haven't used them since.

Shipping Cart Air Cargo would be expensive for small inexpensive dense items like books.  It is more efficient for small expensive items that are not too heavy.

Out of curiosity I put 3 lbs into the SC rate quoter (3 books at 1 lb each?) at the air cargo cost was $30.97.  Then on Amazon I put in 3 hardcover books and the shipping cost was $19.96 for 18-32 day service.

I could be wrong but I don't think they have the LBC COD service now.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I used Shipping Cart about a year and a half ago to order some books at Amazon. I used the option to pay directly at LBC instead of my credit card. Everything worked as promised but the air cargo cost for 3 books was ridiculous. Don't remember the exact amount but haven't used them since.

Have you considered just buying e-books then read them on your smart phone or tablet?

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

Have you considered just buying e-books then read them on your smart phone or tablet?

Exactly why I have a Kindle with a Kindle unlimited reading plan.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, earthdome said:

I'm too stupid to own a smartphone. Don't own a tablet. I don't even have a cell phone. Everyone else in my family has cell phones. I just use my desktop.

I do have a landline though.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm too stupid to own a smartphone. Don't own a tablet. I don't even have a cell phone. Everyone else in my family has cell phones. I just use my desktop.

I do have a landline though.

Too clever to own a smartphone you mean?  :smile:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Don't own a tablet. I don't even have a cell phone

I had a tablet but it broke the other day.

tablet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

I had a tablet but it broke the other day.

tablet.jpg

Looks like it broke right around the 6th commandment. Be a good boy.:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
Billoncho
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2018 at 4:38 PM, Arizona Kid said:

I order books with free shipping from England to Taiwan. Hope it will work when I get to the PI. It's called Book Depository. I've ordered from the for over 5 years without a problem.  
https://www.bookdepository.com/

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I love reading but the range in the National Bookstore isn't huge so I have Kindle unlimited and I read using a Kindle or my iPad.

Might be worth considering if the freight isn't free to the Philippines?

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Billoncho said:

I order books with free shipping from England to Taiwan. Hope it will work when I get to the PI. It's called Book Depository. I've ordered from the for over 5 years without a problem.  
https://www.bookdepository.com/

Never heard of it but good luck with it.