ShippingCart.com

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It probably would be possible, but unless they are a lot cheaper and faster than their competitors, it would not be cost and time effective.  For $10 flat fee, that other one will deliver to me and I don't have to have any hassles.

I think true and false. That company allows you to use a USA address to buy. It charges you for the service and so it should. So if you still have to add an extra courier on it's just part of it where before you may not even be able to purchase as you are not in the seller's zone.

Yes may cost a little more but if you want it ? 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have neve used these types of services before. So my question is are shipments such as these subject to VAT taxes? I know when I  have used Amazon I have to pick it up at the post office and pay a VAT before it is released. (for books and dvds for example) or are they more like balikbayan boxes and not tax is owed?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think true and false. That company allows you to use a USA address to buy. It charges you for the service and so it should. So if you still have to add an extra courier on it's just part of it where before you may not even be able to purchase as you are not in the seller's zone.

Yes may cost a little more but if you want it ? 

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Both companies mentioned (and others) give you a USA address so you can buy online and ship to that address.  Both companies and others will then ship the goods to PH.

Johnny only delivers or has pickup in very limited areas in PH.  Shipping Cart, for a $10 flat fee, delivers to most areas including mine.  I think some of the others have delivery to my area included in the pricing, but I still have to do research.

Bottom line is, which company can get the goods to your door at the right price with the least hassle, with good reliability and timeliness?

If I were to hire a courier company to go to Johnny and get my goods and bring them to me, that would be quite a bit of hassle for me, compared to others that can include the delivery as part of their service.

One thing I like about the ShippingCart is that they offer slow shipping via ocean, at a greatly reduced cost.  Not sure if others have that.  Johnny only has air so air will always be expensive.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, scott h said:

I have neve used these types of services before. So my question is are shipments such as these subject to VAT taxes? I know when I  have used Amazon I have to pick it up at the post office and pay a VAT before it is released. (for books and dvds for example) or are they more like balikbayan boxes and not tax is owed?

Scott, I just read this from Shippingcart.com

No, Shipping Cart does not offer COD under any circumstances. We also don’t accept packages with incomplete postage (“postage due”).

Was this helpful?      

Shipping Cart rates are "all in" and already inclusive of duties and taxes. Therefore, you will not be assessed any additional duties and taxes upon delivery of your shipment.

Was this helpful?      

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, scott h said:

Anything I have shipped via post office I have to pay a fee to pick it up.  Anything shipped by any courier (LBC et al) has been all paid in advance.  Johnny Air says there is no additional, or hidden, fees. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Bottom line is, which company can get the goods to your door at the right price with the least hassle, with good reliability and timeliness?

Ok, well the subject changed from shoppingcart to Johnny what's its name so whatever suits you. Maybe call one of the numbers at Johnny's and find out if you really have to pick it up yourself as to me the service would not be viable to many.

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2018 at 12:08 PM, Queenie O. said:

OMW, I have been using Johnny Air Cargo every month lately for many online US purchases and have them shipped here.  I really like them. Their pick-up office is in SM Mall Cebu, and they also delivery free to customers in the Cebu City Mandaue City areas.  You just provide a tracking number and orders are shipped in country in my case Woodside/Queens NY.  They in turn fly my packages over in around 2 weeks time from when they receive them. Packages arrive just as if you received them from the US--no open boxes or extra taxes charged.  I'm so grateful and happy to get stuff that I don't really make too much about the cost but it seems reasonable to me for the service:smile: I used to order things or have friends relatives mail me stuff USPS Air Mail, and oftentimes they never arrived, so the cost is worth it to me to always get my items in a safe and timely way. You can order from places outside of the US too, as they are just sent to their local office in Woodside, or one of their other offices in the US.  To place orders I use a BDO debit card (Visa) and pay cash at pick-up.  I hope this helps.

https://johnnyairplus.com/

Queenie, What do they charge for something like that? I tried looking on the website but it's kinda confusing.

Edited by Howard
autocorrect is an idiot

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Howard said:

Queenie, What do they charge for something like that? I tried looking on the website but it's kinda confusing.

Well Howard,  I think it's based on weight and dimensions of packages.  My items are all different weights from small to medium size and weight packages. In my case I'd figure that on average each item costs me around 1000 pesos each for each item at pick-up. Sometimes they have a special, and there's a discount on total purchases. If you're looking at large box items or heavy package purchases, it won't be cost effective to use the air cargo.

As others have said, it depends on how badly you want/need an item.  For me, the  stuff I get can't be had here, so I'm willing to pay that amount and more.:smile: If you purchase things all the time, it could add up I know, but if you only purchase once in a while it would be worth it I'd think. 

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Well Howard,  I think it's based on weight and dimensions of packages.  My items are all different weights from small to medium size and weight packages. In my case I'd figure that on average each item costs me around 1000 pesos each for each item at pick-up. Sometimes they have a special, and there's a discount on total purchases. If you're looking at large box items or heavy package purchases, it won't be cost effective to use the air cargo.

As others have said, it depends on how badly you want/need an item.  For me, the  stuff I get can't be had here, so I'm willing to pay that amount and more.:smile: If you purchase things all the time, it could add up I know, but if you only purchase once in a while it would be worth it I'd think. 

Thanks Queenie, yeah it would be the same for me, just once in a while. So example if I shopped online at Walmart.com and brought some items, lets say some first aid things, some foods like mayo and mustard maybe a couple other items I would think the would send them all in one box to that place in Jersey or New York?, I would hope! I wouldn't think the box would be too big and probably weigh a couple pounds, maybe 10 at the most. You think that would be about 1000 peso charge? Thanks!

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Gee Howard--ten pounds is pretty heavy!  What brand of mustard or mayo were you looking for? Maybe that's something you could get here.

Let's say for example, in one month I might purchase three items/packages of variable size and weight and the amount would come to around 3000 for maybe 6 pounds total at pick-up  If you were to purchase some first aid items etc. or such that you can't get here to your liking, that might be what you'd pay. It's rather hard to figure the way things are priced weight and size wise, so that's just my experience. For an occasional purchase that wouldn't be too bad I'd think.

I just noticed online at their site that it takes a couple of delivery days longer when choosing the New Jersey office, so NY on the east coast would be a better bet. 

It's really for me all about how what particular item,  how much the items/item will cost me, and how much it will cost to factor in shipping wise I guess.  For me it's a rush to get things that I didn't think I'd ever be able have, so I don't ponder the price too much.  Some folks might say forget it-- I'll stick to what I can find closer to home here.:smile: 

• Like 1