ShippingCart.com

Howard
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Gee Howard--ten pounds is pretty heavy!  What brand of mustard or mayo were you looking for? Maybe that's something you could get here.

Let's say for example, in one month I might purchase three items/packages of variable size and weight and the amount would come to around 3000 for maybe 6 pounds total at pick-up  If you were to purchase some first aid items etc. or such that you can't get here to your liking, that might be what you'd pay. It's rather hard to figure the way things are priced weight and size wise, so that's just my experience. For an occasional purchase that wouldn't be too bad I'd think.

I just noticed online at their site that it takes a couple of delivery days longer when choosing the New Jersey office, so NY on the east coast would be a better bet. 

It's really for me all about how what particular item,  how much the items/item will cost me, and how much it will cost to factor in shipping wise I guess.  For me it's a rush to get things that I didn't think I'd ever be able have, so I don't ponder the price too much.  Some folks might say forget it-- I'll stick to what I can find closer to home here.:smile: 

Thanks Queenie, Yeah I guess 10 pounds was a high guesstimate! haha

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I reviewed some competing services.  If rates were available, I used 10 lbs, dims 15 X 15 X 10 inches, which has a dim weight of 13.55 lbs.

MyUSA.com:  You can't see rates unless you sign up, so I didn't bother.  This one was a huge growing customer of my former employer.

Shipito:  Best rate Fedex economy, $92, 3-6 days.  No ocean service.

MyMallBox.com:  DHL $143.  No ocean service.

My shopping box:  Air (cheapest)  $83.86 ($5.99 lb)    Ocean $41.86 ($2.99 lb) (45-60 days)

Shipping Cart:  Air $104.71 ($6.99 lb)  Ocean $33.71 ($1.75 lb) (45 days)

I think I am going to try the shipping cart ocean service for some clothes from Amazon.  The $33.71 charge above includes the $10 flat delivery fee.

BTW, I heard about Shipping Box when I was looking at the Galeon.ph FB page.  People are really trashing Galeon there.  A few mentioned Shipping Cart so I looked them uup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2018 at 12:33 AM, Queenie O. said:

As others have said, it depends on how badly you want/need an item.  

Hmmm........imagine a live and kickin" Maine lobster arriving at your doorstep within 24 hrs? 

Imagine a freshly baked pumpkin pie with homemade whip cream with you favorite brew of Starbucks.  

And to compliment your spirit of adventure -- Canadian Mist and Seven Up (Mist and 7), and up close to a warm and cozy fireplace.....in the middle of a blizzard.  Romantic?  It worked for me.....he, he.  

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hahaha Jake it's all relative I guess on what you want or need!  Combo desires are a whole another thing while living here too! 

Let's see...I can bake a mean pumpkin pie, and I've got some imported whipped cream in the spray can,  and I can make you a Mist and Seven, but it will have to be under a tropical moon.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Shipping Cart:  Air $104.71 ($6.99 lb)  Ocean $33.71 ($1.75 lb) (45 days)

OMW, I think you missread their rates. I was checking Shipping Cart , Get Shipping Estimate and found USD 1.75/inch not pound.  I played with the calculator they have and tried weights up to 250 pounds and no difference on the cost.  I think you can order all the clothes you want and use a larger box if needed.  I was also wondering how tight will they pack the boxes since the sea cargo is cost by volume.  Even consider shipping to family or friend and have them pack and send the box to Shipping Cart.  Not sure if that would work or be cost effective. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, intrepid said:

OMW, I think you missread their rates. I was checking Shipping Cart , Get Shipping Estimate and found USD 1.75/inch not pound.  I played with the calculator they have and tried weights up to 250 pounds and no difference on the cost.  I think you can order all the clothes you want and use a larger box if needed.  I was also wondering how tight will they pack the boxes since the sea cargo is cost by volume.  Even consider shipping to family or friend and have them pack and send the box to Shipping Cart.  Not sure if that would work or be cost effective. 

Yes, I noticed the 1.75 inch and unli underneath.

If you go to the Fees page, it has this for How do we calculate?

SEA CARGO = Volumetric weight (Length x Width x Height / 166) x USD1.75 + USD10

If I put in 10 lbs, 10 X 10 X 10, the cost is $28.22.

I can't work that out exactly.  I will send them an e-mail and ask which is correct.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I noticed the 1.75 inch and unli underneath.

If you go to the Fees page, it has this for How do we calculate?

SEA CARGO = Volumetric weight (Length x Width x Height / 166) x USD1.75 + USD10

If I put in 10 lbs, 10 X 10 X 10, the cost is $28.22.

I can't work that out exactly.  I will send them an e-mail and ask which is correct.

Did you use this caculator on this page?   https://www.shippingcart.com/shipping-estimate

I put in you numbers 10lbs 10"x10"x10" and it shows $28.22. However, change the weight to 100 lbs or anything and the cost stays the same for that volume.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Did you use this caculator on this page?   https://www.shippingcart.com/shipping-estimate

I put in you numbers 10lbs 10"x10"x10" and it shows $28.22. However, change the weight to 100 lbs or anything and the cost stays the same for that volume.

Yes, I tried that too with the same result.  I just can't figure out how they arrived at $28.22.  Going backwards, $28.22 minus $10 fixed delivery = $18.22.  I can't work out the $18.22.  I sent them an e-mail about it.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Passing along some info.  I sent shipping cart 2 e-mails with questions.  The SEA shipping rate calculation question has not been answered yet.  I asked them another question about how they calc dimensional weight.  Here is their answer, below my question.

Hi,

I would like to understand how you weigh the items in order to get total weight.

On your Fees page, it states:

How do you measure and weigh my item/s?

We do so via a dimensioning system, which is properly calibrated and certified. 

Note that if your item/s arrives in your courier's or distributor's box (e.g. Fedex, Amazon), we remove the courier's box before your item(s) is measured and weighed. We measure and weigh your item/s in its original/manufacturer's packaging to help you save on shipping fees.

For example, I am thinking about buying some shirts on Amazon.  Shirts are usually in a plastic wrapper.  How will you determine the dimensions of these types of items?

For example again, if I buy 5 shirts, a wallet in a small box, and a hard cover book, and they come to you in a larger Amazon box, how is the dimensional weight determined?

Regards,

Good day!

Thank you for contacting Shipping Cart Customer Support.

For the first scenario, the shirt will be removed from the pouch/box which the courier used as packaging and it will be measured in the merchant's packaging (i.e. the plastic wrapper). Same goes for the assorted items. It will be taken out of the courier's big box and will be measured as one. Kindly check this photo for reference:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwms.lbcx.ph%2Ftmp

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

OMY, Was that clear for you?  What do you feel the cost would now be?  Best I can see in their example is 8x8x4?  I can see where this my be helpful for some small very heavy items.  Still It seems it would be nice to have my items packed tight in a box with little wasted air space like we pack BB Boxes.  Still not sure yet what I think.  I'll be interested in the answer to your other question.

• Like 1