ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

From what I investigated as long as no problems then great service but any glitch = nightmare.

True for many many companies!

I'm giving them a try and I will keep y'all updated.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those interested, another update...

Screenshot (266).png

I have 3 shipments in the cart now, I have some more insight into how their dimensional system works and billing system works.

What they do is measure each SHIPMENT that comes in to them.  Then they add those up to get your total dimensions and charge.  For instance, my lipstick arrived by itself and thus was measured alone, 4" X 2" X 1":

Screenshot (268).png

I suspect the minimum dimension is 1", and as you can see they have rounded up on the height but rounded down on the length and width.  I wonder if they use automated measurement or it is just a warehouse worker?

So, right now, I have 4 X 2 X 1, 8 X 5 X 7 and 5 X 5 X 5 in my cart.  That is a total of 413 cubic inches, well below the minimum, 1728 (12 X 12 X 12).

Now look at the second shipment, which they measure as 8 X 5 X 7:

Screenshot (270).png

In this case, the 4 item sizes don't really match up well.  They really had no choice but to put the little jar on top, thus raising the height for the whole shipment.

What I glean from all of this is that you can somewhat manage how they receive the shipments and dimensionalize them.  I have free shipping at Amazon so in theory, I could have sent those 4 items individually, and they would arrive individually, and be measured individually.

I don't think I will micromanage it to that extent, but it would pay to send like sized items together.  For instance, I have 3 identical shirts in my Amazon cart right now, along with some other things.  I am going to ship the shirts by themselves, so they will be measured up together.  If I send everything, they will have to haphazardly stack the other items on top of the shirts and measure like that.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

OMW,  Thanks for the updates.  This is very interesting and informative for my future use.

By the way did you color match your lipstick to your shirts or hair color?:89:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, intrepid said:

OMW,  Thanks for the updates.  This is very interesting and informative for my future use.

By the way did you color match your lipstick to your shirts or hair color?:89:

Always shirts!  Duh!  :hystery:

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those interested, another update....

Shipping cart received the last of my orders from last week.  I ordered more on Amazon today.

Screenshot (272).png

As you can see here, it is not optimal for these to be measured together, but they have not been aggressive.  They measured these at 6 X 3 X 4.

Right now, I have 11 items and the total cubic inches is 485, well below the minimum of 1728.

It is hard to control the batching of shipments sent to Shipping Cart.  Today I ordered 5 identical shirts on Amazon, thinking Amazon would put them in one shipment.  They put them in 2 boxes, 2 UPS shipments, so they will arrive at Shipping Box separately.  Mostly likely, Amazon did this because the shirt stocks were available at two different Amazon warehouses.

Side note:  Did you hear that Jeff Bezos of Amazon was declared the World's Richest Man a few days ago?  I used to be in the shipping business and around year 2000 I had the opportunity to visit the Amazon warehouse in Reno, Nevada.  I think they had 5 or 6 warehouses in the U.S. back then.  Now they have around 100!  I wish I had bought the stock!

Screenshot (274).png

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

For instance, my lipstick arrived by itself

That had me curious so I did some digging into your background.

We have all sorts on this forum dont we :whistling:

on my way.jpg

• Haha 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That had me curious so I did some digging into your background.

We have all sorts on this forum dont we :whistling:

on my way.jpg

You must be joking!  I never wear red lipstick!  

• Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

This is all very interesting, OnMyWay. It's quite a service you're providing with these updates. We have a friend who does BB boxes for us but, as you (or someone) said, it's a burden on them even if they do the boxes for their own kin here.

Also, I never wear red lipstick either.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

A small update....

Amazon sent one of my packages for Sunday delivery and Shipping Cart "accepted" it on Sunday.  Good to know that service is available.  I didn't ask for the Sunday delivery.

However, there was no signature and tracing says it was left in the mail room.  The delivery company was AMZL_US, which is Amazon Logistics.  Interesting.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Another knowledge update.  I thought I could manage my shipment arrivals at Shipping Cart by batching by size or ordering single items.  I thought Amazon would ship the single orders separately, but they are too smart for that.

I ordered 5 shirts in one order, and that was split.  2 shirts did go by themselves.  3 shirts went with 3 of the single orders, so when it arrives Shipping Cart, there will be a mish mash of sizes.

So in this respect, I guess the only way to outsmart Amazon would be to order single items one day apart, so they will not batch.  My shipping is free, so this does cost Amazon more money to send them.

• Like 2