ShippingCart.com

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My shipping is free, so this does cost Amazon more money to send them.

Scratching Head.jpg They will catch as they do and the rest of us will pay some how:angry:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

thanks for this great thread. I was wondering if Shippingcart.com will ship canned food products. I saw on their Prohibited Items list that they won't ship perishables or products that require refrigeration. Still, wondering if they will ship canned foods like soups, veggies and so on. Want to get some comfort foods that are usually really hard to find here in Phils. Sea shipping seems to be very reasonable. Have contacted their support a couple of times but no answer. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

thanks for this great thread. I was wondering if Shippingcart.com will ship canned food products. I saw on their Prohibited Items list that they won't ship perishables or products that require refrigeration. Still, wondering if they will ship canned foods like soups, veggies and so on. Want to get some comfort foods that are usually really hard to find here in Phils. Sea shipping seems to be very reasonable. Have contacted their support a couple of times but no answer. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you contact their e-mail, customercare@shippingcart.com?  They have gotten back to me within a day on 4 or 5 e-mails I sent, including one today.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hi. No I just used their little messanger app on their website. I will try to send them an email. Thank you.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

Hi. No I just used their little messanger app on their website. I will try to send them an email. Thank you.

I did not get that to work either.  It asked me for my e-mail.  I gave it.  It asked me again.  I gave it.  Then nothing.  Those messenger bots can be quite irritating.  They are really just a FAQ.

Back to the cans, I think they are fine.  Basically, I think they will send anything that is allowed in a Balikbayan box, and everybody sends canned foods.

Royal Duty Free has a decent selection of canned American foods.  Campbells Soups, Sunny Select, Hunts.  Maybe Green Giant.  I think Sunny Select is Safeway?  They also have a lot of Raley's stuff now.  Frozen stuff too.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay, how do you think they handle Customs?

I see where one has to declare a value and it does say the prices are "all in" but I've got a damn FedEx envelope that's sitting in Customs now for a week while they figure out how to gouge me for "importing" three boxes of Breathe Right Nasal Strips my forwarder broke down into individual strips of two each. I declared the real value, even.

Do you think the shipments will really get a pass by the BOC similar to BB boxes?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

OnMyWay, how do you think they handle Customs?

I see where one has to declare a value and it does say the prices are "all in" but I've got a damn FedEx envelope that's sitting in Customs now for a week while they figure out how to gouge me for "importing" three boxes of Breathe Right Nasal Strips my forwarder broke down into individual strips of two each. I declared the real value, even.

Do you think the shipments will really get a pass by the BOC similar to BB boxes?

Good question.  For the Sea shipments, I do believe they are using BB boxes of some sort, probably consolidating shipments.  Their promised transit time of 45 days is aggressive, but is from the West coast, so possible.  Time will tell.  I noticed that they show LBC making deliveries, so possibly they have a deal with LBC for the ocean cargo too.

For the air shipments, I worked in that business so I know that typically PH customs will be needing payments of some kind.  The big 3 courier companies usually pass this one on to the consignee, but now they all have products along the lines of "delivery duty paid", where the shipper gets billed for and pays the duties.  It could be that Shipping Box (and the others) have this arrangement and their per lb charge, $6.99, has enough room in it to cover the duties, on average.

• Thanks 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Just an update. I finally heard from Shipping Cart support. Canned foods and other processed non-perishables are good to go and no problem with their service. Putting together a fairly large order now and will report back on progress and results. Hoping for the best. Thanks again for the thread and valuable info.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Another update.....

So far, their customer service has been responsive to my e-mails.  One of my shipments was processed, and it was obvious to me that it could have been stacked up better to reduce the dimensions.  They had it as 1144 cubic inches due to stacking.  I e-mailed them and they said they would have the warehouse staff check it.   Today I went into my cart, and the items were re-stacked and re-weighed (dimensionalized).  Only 480 cubic inches now!

I thought I would give it another try on a weird shipment.  We ordered a coloring book for the kids.  From the SC picture, I could see that it was 11 X 8 X less than 1/4 inch.  Then they stacked another toy and small shirt package on top, and those are about 8 X 6 X 5.  The stacking is fine but this thin book makes the overall 3 shipments 11 X 8 X 5.  I e-mailed them and they said there was really nothing they could do.

Trying to micro-manage my shipments, I had ordered the book on Amazon with 2 shirts that I thought would match the size, but Amazon doesn't pay attention to my tricks and they just batch up things as needed.

So far, I have 19 items in my cart that have arrived as 9 shipments.  This where they stand as of now:

Air Cargo option for all of them                                           Sea option for all of them

Screenshot (276).png  Screenshot (278).png

So my sea option is now over the minimum 12 X 12 X 12 10.41 lbs and my value is slightly more than the $500 for free insurance.  $29.79 cargo fee and $1.71 for insurance = $31.50.

I was surprised to see this pop up:

Screenshot (280).png

$10 off when I hit 11 lbs!  So I guess my shipping charge would be around $21.50 if I shipped now.

I still have more things coming.  With this $10 discount, it might be desirable to make two shipments, with the hope of getting another $10 off of the 2nd shipment, and keeping both under the minimum.  You can choose which shipments you want to ship and save the others for later.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Another update......

I shipped my first shipment today!  My first 8 shipments from Amazon had 21 items with a value of about $450 and under the minimum weight.  So the cost is the minimum, $28.22, and no extra insurance charges.

Screenshot (289)_LI.jpg

After some fiddling around I decided it would be cheaper to stay under the $500 free insurance.  I have 3 more shipments in my cart and if I sent those too, the extra insurance would be ~$7 and the total was over $50.  I will save those and I have some more things on the way.  Hopefully I will end up with another shipment just under the minimums, or slightly over if needed.

Unfortunately the $10 discount code I mentioned above no longer appeared.  I tried to used it anyway and it said "not valid for this shipping method.

When I checked out using my credit card, the site redirected to the Capital One security site, and the transaction was rejected.  I immediately got an e-mail from Cap One saying there was an unusual transaction.  Had to choose from two buttons:  Everything is OK, or, Somethings Wrong.  I chose everything is OK and it said if the transaction was rejected, try again now.  So I did and it went through.

I ordered a 36 inch wand for my power washer today.  Can't wait to see how they dimensionalize it!  It should be 36 X 1 X 1.

• Like 2