For those of you in Pampanga

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,
I am thinking of moving to the Pampanga area and I have a few questions. 
If someone could help me out, I would be grateful.

Who is the Fibre internet provider for that area?
If you also know, how are their speeds, reliability etc.

What are the best areas to live in around that area. Close to malls, etc.

Who are the cell providers there? What's the data speeds etc. looking like?

Power company: Who handles that in that area?  How is electric stability?

Water company: Who handles the water for the area?

Thank you and appreciate the efforts of anyone that responds.
Tim
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
59 minutes ago, TimL said:

Hi,
I am thinking of moving to the Pampanga area and I have a few questions. 
If someone could help me out, I would be grateful.

:shock_40_anim_gif: You are a very brave man to be moving to an Area you know little about. I hope it goes well but I think you may be in for a culture shock, Can I ask you if you live in the PI Now? :wink:

 Best of Luck my Friend :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
1 hour ago, TimL said:

moving to the Pampanga area

From what I gather, Pampanga is sort of like Nebraska, it is a great place to drive through:hystery:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

:hystery: Yeah, well.... I don't scare easy. I've seen pretty much everything in this lifetime. I mean unless I'm gonna dodging bullets up there. Then I might re-think it.

 

Cebu to answer your question Jack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 minutes ago, TimL said:

Cebu to answer your question Jack.

 AHA! Then you will notice a difference.:whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, TimL said:

Hi,
I am thinking of moving to the Pampanga area and I have a few questions. 
If someone could help me out, I would be grateful.

Who is the Fibre internet provider for that area?
If you also know, how are their speeds, reliability etc.

What are the best areas to live in around that area. Close to malls, etc.

Who are the cell providers there? What's the data speeds etc. looking like?

Power company: Who handles that in that area?  How is electric stability?

Water company: Who handles the water for the area?

Thank you and appreciate the efforts of anyone that responds.
Tim
 

Pampanga is a large, spread out province.  I think you will need to be more specific to get the answers for the utilities.  Angeles City?  San Fernando?

25 minutes ago, scott h said:

From what I gather, Pampanga is sort of like Nebraska, it is a great place to drive through:hystery:

You mean like Manila is for me?  Oh wait.  Manila is not a great place to drive through.  It is a great place to leave as fast as possible!  :hystery:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

I guess time will tell if I noticed much of a difference or not. lol 

Yeah, sorry I should've been more specific. Angeles/Clark area but nowhere near walking street. hahaha....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

I live in Angeles City in the Friendship Area. 

1) Converge is the top internet provider and yes they have Fibre in some areas including Friendship. 

http://www.convergeict.com/fiber-x/

2) Some people prefer to live in the Entertainment District (Walking Street) to be near the girls and other like to live a little further out and party when they feel a need. We have several large Malls including SM and Marquee so there is plenty to do here. 

3) Globe and Smart are the two main cellphone providers and 4G is available.

4) Angeles Electric Power is your electric provider and we get scheduled outages because they are replacing hardware on the transmission lines in my neighborhood. 

5) I don't think they have a city wide water system. I get mine from Lago Water Works. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Awesome, thank you Happyhorn!!!! That's what I'm looking to hear. Not looking to be near the entertainment district at all. 

I was looking at houses in Friendship last night. Houses are pretty nice. Noticed almost all said 24 hour security. Is that a gated community? How's the neighborhood? Anything I should look for or that I should avoid when house hunting?

I like the idea of being near Clark so that I can quickly jump on a plane and head out to other areas, get back to Cebu, Surigao, Siargao etc. and can fairly quickly get to Subic. I also don't want to be in a place where traffic is gridlocked all the time like Manila and Cebu which is why I am trying to avoid those spots.

Thank you again, I appreciate your reply!

Tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 hours ago, TimL said:

Awesome, thank you Happyhorn!!!! That's what I'm looking to hear. Not looking to be near the entertainment district at all. 

I was looking at houses in Friendship last night. Houses are pretty nice. Noticed almost all said 24 hour security. Is that a gated community? How's the neighborhood? Anything I should look for or that I should avoid when house hunting?

I like the idea of being near Clark so that I can quickly jump on a plane and head out to other areas, get back to Cebu, Surigao, Siargao etc. and can fairly quickly get to Subic. I also don't want to be in a place where traffic is gridlocked all the time like Manila and Cebu which is why I am trying to avoid those spots.

Thank you again, I appreciate your reply!

Tim

My wife likes the Clark area because there is a lot more to do there than in Subic.  Better schools too.  We are fine here though.

I have always been curious about some of the neighborhoods in Clark Center / Parade Grounds area.  We saw some streets (through a fence) that looked really nice, U.S. style, and appeared to be old USAF housing.  Happyhorn, do you know anything about that area?

The St. Paul American school in Clark Center appears to be top notch!  Probably very expensive!

  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...